• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 or Tec 27

Action 1 or Tec 27  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Action 1 or Tec 27

74 posts in this topic

I picked 40-49 Action 1.
Ditto for all the same reasons. But, I also traded an AF15 for a Famous Funnies 1 several years ago. :doh:

I would have made the same trade

Me too actually. I love spidey, but Famous Funnies... :cloud9:

The trimmed Action 1 on clink went for much more than I expected.

Toldja. Did you get the # 11 ?

Forgot to bid :(

Was shut out on everything else. Under bidder on a few. Comiclinks system allows for one second snipes so it's not easy to win. They need to improve their system with how much they get from their auctions.

Forgot to bid :(

Was shut out on everything else. Under bidder on a few. Comiclinks system allows for one second snipes so it's not easy to win. They need to improve their system with how much they get from their auctions.

That makes two of us, by the time I'd (almost) got over being outbid on the # 1,

I went to bid on the # 11 and it had finished.

How do you mean, the system allows for one second snipes, I thought CL's couldn't be sniped ?

I remember when restored Action 1's would commonly sell for around $50k as the limit about 5 years ago. Now even trimmed copies with extensive resto. are selling for over $100k. Not too bad at all.

That is more than double the last five years... :o Seems like the floor of 100K is well established on restored Actions 1.

I remember when restored Action 1's would commonly sell for around $50k as the limit about 5 years ago. Now even trimmed copies with extensive resto. are selling for over $100k. Not too bad at all.

That is more than double the last five years... :o Seems like the floor of 100K is well established on restored Actions 1.

Things have changed big-time, at least for the major keys.

In Action #1's case, it's expected to see a trickle down effect from the record sale. There are some serious collectors out there who may not be able to afford a seven figure book, but six figures is within reach. Considering the limited number of slabbed copies out there, I think that makes an Action #1 in virtually any condition very desirable.

Some may consider this sale strong but I think in the long run, we'll look back at as a deal.

Things have changed big-time, at least for the major keys.

In Action #1's case, it's expected to see a trickle down effect from the record sale. There are some serious collectors out there who may not be able to afford a seven figure book, but six figures is within reach. Considering the limited number of slabbed copies out there, I think that makes an Action #1 in virtually any condition very desirable.

Some may consider this sale strong but I think in the long run, we'll look back at as a deal.

I agree on the trickled down affect. Many Actions 1 have sold before the recent record 9.0 sale, so it has already on a steady climb. This record sell has just pent up the demand for more accessible copies. For the last ten years, the top two key books and their key counterparts has been trending up. BTW, I picked Age 40 - 49 / Action 1. Action 1 is the "Holy Grail of Comics", such as Honus Wagner is the "Holy Grail of Baseball Cards".

I picked 40-49 Action 1.
Ditto for all the same reasons. But, I also traded an AF15 for a Famous Funnies 1 several years ago. :doh:

Yes, you can pick up an AF 15 any day of the week.

A Famous Funnies #1, now that's a completely different story.

I believe the market moves in cycles, and it will eventually cycle back to these historical books once again. hm

I picked 40-49 Action 1.

I believe the market moves in cycles, and it will eventually cycle back to these historical books once again. hm

As someone in the 30< bracket, I wouldn't have made the same trade. I fully understand historical importance and appreciate books like that. But I just don't see the demand. Sure there are collectors my age who can also appreciate the historical importance of a book like that. However, Spider-Man is an icon. Famous Funnies does not and will never have the icon status. Kids get nostalgic about Spiderman when they're older. The nostalgia factor doesn't work for books like Famous Funnies #1, regardless of their historical importance to the hobby.

Tastes shift mainly due to nostalgia and what's popular now. Just look at the results of the poll and how there is a clear shift in people who simply prefer Batman over Superman.

I'm holding my breath for a "Classics Illustrated" or "Mutt and Jeff" movie. lol

I picked 40-49 Action 1.

As someone in the 30< bracket, I wouldn't have made the same trade. I fully understand historical importance and appreciate books like that. But I just don't see the demand. Sure there are collectors my age who can also appreciate the historical importance of a book like that. However, Spider-Man is an icon. Famous Funnies does not and will never have the icon status. Kids get nostalgic about Spiderman when they're older. The nostalgia factor doesn't work for books like Famous Funnies #1, regardless of their historical importance to the hobby.

Tastes shift mainly due to nostalgia and what's popular now. Just look at the results of the poll and how there is a clear shift in people who simply prefer Batman over Superman.

I'm holding my breath for a "Classics Illustrated" or "Mutt and Jeff" movie. lol

"Mutt and Jeff" at one time was a king amongst kings. "Mutt and Jeff" is the perfect example of how an icon can fade with new audiences. The strip ran for 75 plus years, and I bet if we asked 100 people on the street who Mutt and Jeff were they would look bewildered. :o

Mutt_%26_Jeff_Vol_1_9.jpg