• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like everything will be live now at Heritage...

76 posts in this topic

Announcement: Sunday Internet Comics Auctions move to Heritage Live!

Our Weekly Internet Comics Auctions are closing with a live, online auction on HA.com's Heritage Live! platform beginning with the auction that ends Sunday, September 21st. Each lot is offered one at a time, in lot number order, in a live auction beginning at 7:00 PM CT. During this part of the auction, live bidders will be on Heritage Live! competing with each other and with previously placed Internet bids. The lot opens, requests live bids, and then closes when the bidding is finished. There is no change in how you place your secret maximum bids during the week the auctions are open on HA.com. In addition, once bidding on HA.com ends, 2 hours before the live sessions start, you still have the option to leave proxy bids through Heritage Live!

For more information about Heritage Live!, please visit HA.com/live. If you have any questions about this exciting format change, please contact us at 800-872-6467 or Bid@HA.com.

Then no sniping :tonofbricks:

I throw my maximum down right at the end of the auction. Sometimes I get a deal.

With this now that will end. And likely so will my regular buying at this venue.

Then no sniping :tonofbricks:

I throw my maximum down right at the end of the auction. Sometimes I get a deal.

With this now that will end. And likely so will my regular buying at this venue.

I may be able to catch the earlier lots but given my early morning work schedule, most will close past my bedtime.

I welcome the change.

Sniping is wildly_fanciful_statement.

More importantly, i've had problems with Heritage's interface. Have bid numerous times in the last 40 seconds only to have their site be overloaded that the bids don't register in time. Books end up selling for less than I bid due to technical problems.

The few purchases I made on Heritage were due to sniping. I have mentioned repeatedly, NYS Tax on top of the books are mostly a deal breaker as most items can be purchased cheaper elsewhere.

However, with countdown auctions it is a love hate relationship. I could sometimes get a bid in allowing for a purchase under the 'value' of the book. Often times I would be outbid at the last minute where if I had the opportunity to bid again I would have.

To those that are about to say, why not place a maximum bid earlier, the answer is that I do not want to give my competing bidders the opportunity to bid me up in an exploration move to see where the book would sit by 'microbidding' or walking my bidding up.

I doubt I will be purchasing as many books through this venue now. Sunday prices were always alright, with the occasional deal to be had. Time will tell regarding the impact to final hammer prices.

The biggest impediment to me is I do not have hours to spend watching Heritage crawl through the lots waiting for the one or two books I want to come up to the block. Yeah, you can put in your max bid ahead of time, I have only won a handful of books from Heritage in this way, and have almost always paid a premium when that has happened.

The biggest impediment to me is I do not have hours to spend watching Heritage crawl through the lots waiting for the one or two books I want to come up to the block. Yeah, you can put in your max bid ahead of time, I have only won a handful of books from Heritage in this way, and have almost always paid a premium when that has happened.

There is a third alternative, namely the "LiveProxy bid" feature. This lets you enter a bid to be placed on your behalf the moment that particular lot comes up. You can enter these LiveProxy bids starting two hours before the live session (i.e. starting at 5 p.m. Central), or of course any time before the lot you're bidding on has come up.

A more detailed explanation of this feature can be found here:

Heritage Live tips http://comics.ha.com/c/ref/web-tips.zx#live

The few purchases I made on Heritage were due to sniping. I have mentioned repeatedly, NYS Tax on top of the books are mostly a deal breaker as most items can be purchased cheaper elsewhere.

However, with countdown auctions it is a love hate relationship. I could sometimes get a bid in allowing for a purchase under the 'value' of the book. Often times I would be outbid at the last minute where if I had the opportunity to bid again I would have.

To those that are about to say, why not place a maximum bid earlier, the answer is that I do not want to give my competing bidders the opportunity to bid me up in an exploration move to see where the book would sit by 'microbidding' or walking my bidding up.

This is where I stand as well. If people want a book it'll get bids.

I'll give it a try of there's something great I need, but Im probably done with this venue.