• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like everything will be live now at Heritage...

76 posts in this topic

This is a good example of "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

I wonder if they were punished with lackluster results this Sunday?

That'll change things back to how they were pretty fast.

I watched a good deal of it too until it got too late on the east coast. The Marvel Family 1 result certainly was not lackluster.

I think this format is fairer to consignors

Got mine about 1:30 CST.

Can't say I like the live thing. I watched for a bit. Just annoying waiting for anything of interest. The audio alarm is only good if I'm willing to sit by my computer with a browser going. I know you can do proxy bids, though I'm unsure why I just shouldn't set my max 'internet' bid and leave it at that.

Can someone tell me if there's a good reason to use proxy live bids instead of just setting a max internet bid?

Got mine about 1:30 CST.

Can't say I like the live thing. I watched for a bit. Just annoying waiting for anything of interest. The audio alarm is only good if I'm willing to sit by my computer with a browser going. I know you can do proxy bids, though I'm unsure why I just shouldn't set my max 'internet' bid and leave it at that.

Can someone tell me if there's a good reason to use proxy live bids instead of just setting a max internet bid?

If there is one, I can't think of it. It seems to be the same. I mean, assuming you don't wait too long and miss the end of the internet bidding.

I also can't figure out why you would want to use the "Bid Protection" thing - is that any different than just placing a max bid that is one (or two) increments above your real "max"?

I'm not liking this new live auction format. Not easy to use (more correctly, not easy to view in one shot how much time is left).

Anyone else notice the email from HA yesterday that the live auction bidding was being moved up an hour? Is this a response to perhaps books not getting the desired/anticipated prices?

I logged in on Sunday and had fun running up auction lots for a bit before I got bored with it and left. I used to spend a lot on the Sunday Night auctions but will likely taper my bidding with Heritage for a while going forward as a result of the change in format as I have better things to do on Sunday evenings than sit and wait to bid on live auction lots.

I'm not liking this new live auction format. Not easy to use (more correctly, not easy to view in one shot how much time is left).

Anyone else notice the email from HA yesterday that the live auction bidding was being moved up an hour? Is this a response to perhaps books not getting the desired/anticipated prices?

A lot of folks here were complaining about how late things ended.

I'm didn't bother to play and in fact I'm going to pass on these until they come to their senses and resume the format they had or something in between that makes sense. I miss the late Sunday check-in's to see if I won anything, but I'll live with it.

On a somewhat related note, when I go to the home page it takes me a few minutes to even find the link to the Sunday Internet Auctions - which used to be right there on top of the list of upcoming auctions. You could always spot the red and yellow thumbnail of the advertising / link. Why would they want to hide this and make it hard to find?

Prices seemed to be a lot higher across the boards from my view during the last 2 weeks. I saw several crazy prices come about after some bidding wars. A lot better format for consignors, but a lot of the deals you could sometimes get as a buyer look like they will go away.

On a somewhat related note, when I go to the home page it takes me a few minutes to even find the link to the Sunday Internet Auctions - which used to be right there on top of the list of upcoming auctions. You could always spot the red and yellow thumbnail of the advertising / link. Why would they want to hide this and make it hard to find?

I agree!