• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay not working?

86 posts in this topic

Risqué? Sorry, I didn't realize videos and images of celebrities having sex could be categorized as risqué.

Anyone that thinks that hasn't seen what kind of videos and images that have been released.

The Jennifer Lawrence stuff is insane. This mixed with the recent swatting craze is going to destroy the internet in America, forcing regulations and a big brother institutionalization.

Problem is that celebrities always wants to blame someone else for their actions . They are the ones to blame . Nothing of this had happen if they didn´t took those kinds of pics and videos in the first place.. They want to do those kind of things without paying the concequences and the fact that someone can discover their dirty pics someday is a consequence.

dirty pictures?

There are videos of one or two celebrities sitting on toilets and than standing up.

There is no way, NO WAY, this was something someone took and kept. This are videos that were taken and than hastily deleted, but somehow remained in the cloud.

Risqué? Sorry, I didn't realize videos and images of celebrities having sex could be categorized as risqué.

Anyone that thinks that hasn't seen what kind of videos and images that have been released.

The Jennifer Lawrence stuff is insane. This mixed with the recent swatting craze is going to destroy the internet in America, forcing regulations and a big brother institutionalization.

Problem is that celebrities always wants to blame someone else for their actions . They are the ones to blame . Nothing of this had happen if they didn´t took those kinds of pics and videos in the first place.. They want to do those kind of things without paying the concequences and the fact that someone can discover their dirty pics someday is a consequence.

So what you're saying is, because your bank information is online, if someone steals it that its your fault for having it there? That you're just suffering the consequences?

So what you're saying is, because your bank information is online, if someone steals it that its your fault for having it there? That you're just suffering the consequences?

We are not talking bank information , we are talking about nude pictures

That should change your expectation of internet security?

Let me ask you something.

Lets say you have children and you take bath pictures of them because its cute.

You download them on your computer but never upload them anywhere.

You later delete the files.

Three years later they appear on the internet. That is the situation happening with the nude pictures and videos.

Let me ask you something.

Lets say you have children and you take bath pictures of them because its cute.

You download them on your computer but never upload them anywhere.

You later delete the files.

Three years later they appear on the internet. That is the situation happening with the nude pictures and videos.

Same answer ... Dont take nude pictures

Of course the first thing to mitigate this is to not do it. But anyone, celebrities included, should be able to take personal pictures/videos of whatever they want without worrying about some insufficiently_thoughtful_person stealing their stuff.

I know bank info isn't the same stuff. But the principle is the same. Its personal information on a hard drive thats conncected to the internet. And your point seems to be that its the persons fault for their information being available there, not the thief actually taking it.

Of course the first thing to mitigate this is to not do it. But anyone, celebrities included, should be able to take personal pictures/videos of whatever they want without worrying about some insufficiently_thoughtful_person stealing their stuff.

I know bank info isn't the same stuff. But the principle is the same. Its personal information on a hard drive thats conncected to the internet. And your point seems to be that its the persons fault for their information being available there, not the thief actually taking it.

No man i didn´t said that . I said that taking nude pictures for a celebrity is always a risky thing to do. They are always people trying to sell their pics or to hurt them . So they shoud know this risk from the beginning . Of course they are blaming the hackers for stealing the pics but they should blame themselves in the first place for their own irresponsability .

If anyone is having issues with ebay it appears there might be a bug in the system redirecting users to another site and stealing user info...just a heads up.

I was having an issue. When I tried putting in a search it was bringing me to my service provider page telling me the page was not found.

I had a problem the last couple of days - it would allow me to list books for sale, but there was ONE book that would not show up on search even two days after posting it for sale.

I canceled that listing and created a new listing, same problem.

I called Ebay (yay that's so much fun) and they couldn't figure out why my listing wasn't showing up on any search.

Apparently for THAT particular listing only, it would not allow me to put an asterisk * in the title, yet in other listings I made at the same time I also had the * symbol in the title and those went through no problem.

Weird.

So after nearly a week of trying, I was able to get the book to show up on search by canceling the 2nd listing, creating a 3rd new listing WITHOUT the * in the title.

Weird.

If anyone is having issues with ebay it appears there might be a bug in the system redirecting users to another site and stealing user info...just a heads up.

I was having an issue. When I tried putting in a search it was bringing me to my service provider page telling me the page was not found.

This is happening to me right now. I'm logged in but can't search or see any account info. I can click listings on the main page. I can click on sellers and see their items but can't see anything that requires a log in.