• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman/Doomsday mutiple printing questions

103 posts in this topic

So although this may be a bad pic (yes that's a Superman 75 4th print in the middle )here is a shot of my basement wall. I'm really happy to have these all together finally

1zlc1mv.jpg[/img]

Can you explain what this is? Are they all supposed to be the final print of each issue? Or just a representation of every "Doomsday" issue, despite the printing number?

Remember....the tough ones, the ones that command serious money in any condition are:

Superman #76 2nd

Adventure #499 3rd (there is no 2nd)

Action #686 2nd

MOS #18 5th is the splashy one, and worth the money, but compared to those above, it's downright common. Otherwise, it's the Funeral for a Friend later printings above that are impossible.

I still don't have an Action #686 2nd (and would happily trade a Supes #76 2nd for one.)

I also don't have MOS #17 2nd, but that one's pretty easy to get.

Remember....the tough ones, the ones that command serious money in any condition are:

Superman #76 2nd

Action #686 2nd

MOS #18 5th is the splashy one, and worth the money, but compared to those above, it's downright common. Otherwise, it's the Funeral for a Friend later printings above that are impossible.

I still don't have an Action #686 2nd (and would happily trade a Supes #76 2nd for one.)

Picked up my MOS #17 2nd two weeks ago in Baltimore...a whopping $5.00 :cloud9:

I just checked my #'s, I do have the #686 second, but no #499 third, or #76 second yet. I do have the Supes #77 second though...where would you rate that one?

Jim

Superman #76 2nd

Action #686 2nd

Picked up my MOS #17 2nd two weeks ago in Baltimore...a whopping $5.00 :cloud9:

I just checked my #'s, I do have the #686 second, but no #499 third, or #76 second yet. I do have the Supes #77 second though...where would you rate that one?

Jim

Superman #77 2nd is fairly common. The third isn't. It's not as tough as the other three, but it's one of the harder ones.

how rare is this one?

IMG_4869_zpsftmu0pvz.jpg

Hey Rock...

Let's me guess Adv#499 3rd print, Action#686 2nd print and MOS #20 2nd...IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND right!!!???

I know I know

Yup.

I don't even have an Action #686 2nd.

I have one........looks like I got the Master beat, at his own game :sumo:

It's a 2nd or 3rd print, can't remember which.

Actually just found a few other later printings from that storyline in one of my boxes of books that I have stored in my basement.

I had a few others like Action #684 vf/nm in my $10 boxes at shows for well over a year, think I may have sold 1 of them, out of the 8 or so issues that I had....over the course of a full effing year.

Got tired of lugging around dead stock a few months back so I took all of my slow moving $10 books out of my boxes, and filed them into my $3 boxes.

A dealer bought all of the later printings of books like Action #684 3rd print vf/nm for three bucks a pop....at the very end of the show, as I was about to start packing up.No customers bought any of those reprints, just a dealer...at the very end of a 2 day show lol

Another funny thing is that I posted up a reply to a boardie's WTB Man Of Steel # 18 4th or 5th print thread a while back and instantly had 2 or 3 boardies PM me, asking me if I had any of these other books.

I never had the time, or motivation either, to dig through 9 long boxes of unprocessed books in my basement.

I only found these Reign Of Superman later printings while I was looking for some Infinity Gauntlet issues.

Didn't find the IG's but I found these books, along with 3 copies of Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange #1 that I had set aside, to sub to CGC eventually.

Gotta love finding good books in your unprocessed stock, that are worth a damn.

how rare is this one?

IMG_4869_zpsftmu0pvz.jpg

It's not rare, pretty common.

I dumped a Voldemort 9.4 slabbed copy of that book on eBay last week for less than a $30 BIN.

Still have a second 9.0 copy of that book.

Not rare? How many cgc 9.8's are there?