• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need advice for NYCC.

34 posts in this topic

I wasn't planning on making any crazy trips this year, but an artist asked me to attend NYCC with him.

I'd love to get some autographs SS'd, but I heard NYCC was no walk in the park, and I know it's against protocol to have a witness wait an hour with you in line. Since my artist buddy won't be available to head back to the CGC booth for me when I'm close to the front, I'll be going it alone. So for all the veterans -- what's the best way of getting an autograph from, say, Greg Capullo and getting it witnessed?

I have a ton on my list. I'd love to hand them off to dscott -- he did several for me at SDCC -- but I wanted the opportunity to have a souvenir for meeting the particular artist/guest.

Michael Shannon will be there, and I'd love to get his autograph on a Zod cover.

So about the only big thing you can do is check in with Mike Balent or one of the other CGC reps and ask them what to do based on this show. I would simply say take a book or two for yourself per creator you want to meet with and send the rest to Doug. There should be a few of us doing the down and back sprint throughout the show and honestly I would say either ask politely once signed if you can look for a witness or coordinate with one of the facilitators in the area.

Good luck

Shoot me a PM, I'll be at clay Manns booth all weekend and you can literally swing by drop off anything extra you have and we will handle it.

If you want to run the lines yourself and need a witness you are more than welcome to go through the lines with my guys as they do them. (I'll have at least 4 for the show). They can witness your stuff, it's that easy. Just come by the table in artist alley Thursday.

Shoot me a PM, I'll be at clay Manns booth all weekend and you can literally swing by drop off anything extra you have and we will handle it.

If you want to run the lines yourself and need a witness you are more than welcome to go through the lines with my guys as they do them. (I'll have at least 4 for the show). They can witness your stuff, it's that easy. Just come by the table in artist alley Thursday.

This is why you are pimp.

This is why you are pimp.

Yes. Agreed.

I have a ton on my list. I'd love to hand them off to dscott -- he did several for me at SDCC -- but I wanted the opportunity to have a souvenir for meeting the particular artist/guest.

Michael Shannon will be there, and I'd love to get his autograph on a Zod cover.

Great idea

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=17189&GSub=627

I love how the recommendation for a paid service is to not use that service. So the extra fee for the witnessing isn't sufficient... (Sorry, I've read this same type of post one too many times.)

???

I keep reading this and still. ???

You asked for advice so I would advise listing them. The best way to meet someone and get SS is to hook up with someone who has a similar goal. Mutually beneficial SS goals is the way to go. (thumbs u

I love how the recommendation for a paid service is to not use that service. So the extra fee for the witnessing isn't sufficient... (Sorry, I've read this same type of post one too many times.)

???

Yeah, I don't get it either. I use facilitators for shows I am not attending, but not for shows I am attending. At most of those, I am their f-ing donkey boy.

???

Yeah, I don't get it either. I use facilitators for shows I am not attending, but not for shows I am attending. At most of those, I am their f-ing donkey boy.

Can I have a ride?

You asked for advice so I would advise listing them. The best way to meet someone and get SS is to hook up with someone who has a similar goal. Mutually beneficial SS goals is the way to go. (thumbs u

Roger that -- I would say my main goals are to get autographs from:

Sara Pichelli

Amy Reeder

Gail Simone

Kelly Sue DeConnick

Matt Fraction

Amanda Conner

Jim Palmiotti

Ant Lucia

Scott Snyder

Greg Capullo

Kristian Nairn and Natalia Tena

Michael Shannon

Those are for starters. The list keeps growing day by day with new announcements. I will likely be going to dscott for help, but if anyone else wants to form a group, I am down!

???

Can I have a ride?

You have earned some!

Roger that -- I would say my main goals are to get autographs from:

Sara Pichelli

Amy Reeder

Gail Simone

Kelly Sue DeConnick

Matt Fraction

Amanda Conner

Jim Palmiotti

Ant Lucia

Scott Snyder

Greg Capullo

Kristian Nairn and Natalia Tena

Michael Shannon

Those are for starters. The list keeps growing day by day with new announcements. I will likely be going to dscott for help, but if anyone else wants to form a group, I am down!

Ok. So I would prioritize who you want to meet. I can guarantee Capullo and Snyder will be a big time investment. If they are not high on your "want to meet" list then I'd suggest passing them along. NYCC is a zoo for the most part but I would guess you'll have a good chance at walking up to Reeder and Simone. Deconnick and Fraction can get lines and I know Matt can get talking.

I am not familiar with the others. If you list the booth you'll be at I'm sure randomn CAW's would stop by here and there.

Deconnick and Fraction had so,e of the biggest lines at Heroes and other times you could walk right up. I am always surprised at who you can walk up to at any given show.

I have yet to see Eastman with a manageable line.

Deconnick and Fraction had so,e of the biggest lines at Heroes and other times you could walk right up. I am always surprised at who you can walk up to at any given show.

I have yet to see Eastman with a manageable line.

Capital City Comic Con on Sunday. Easily able to walk up, wait maybe 5 mins and sketched his quick head sketch for everyone who asked. Had one heck of an assembly line there for him.