• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is there no "Silver Age Comics That Are Heating Up on Ebay" thread?

21 posts in this topic

Maybe Impossible Man will be right next to the Space Phantom. Then we can include Avengers #2.

If impossible man shows in Guardians of the Galaxy II FF#11 is gonna be mega hotness. I am not saying for sure Danny Devito is going to be Impossible man. That is just my opinion as a possibility in a string of infinite realities.

Maybe Impossible Man will be right next to the Space Phantom. Then we can include Avengers #2.

If impossible man shows in Guardians of the Galaxy II FF#11 is gonna be mega hotness. I am not saying for sure Danny Devito is going to be Impossible man. That is just my opinion as a possibility in a string of infinite realities.

Are you thinking a "Marvel Villian Team-up".... hm

I'm actually thinking Adventure 247 is gonna see some movement, given that Warner's is looking for scripts for a Legion movie. And, no, I don't have one. (But yes, I'd like one!)

Yes, Adventure 247 would be on the "about to spike" list and now is a good time to swoop in because it's actually a tougher book. Other Silver DCs to add would be Showcase 30 (first Aquaman full book) and Showcase 34 (first Atom). On the Marvel side, anything remotely considered Warlock's first app (FF67, Thor 165-166, MP1).

There is a difference between speculating and books actually going up in price. If we're speculating, then it's books that are under the radar and might go up in price...If they are actually rising (ie. Aquaman), that's actual data.

Should we make this a "Speculation Thread" of books that we could see a spike in ? ....Books that may already be pricey but still have room to move hm

Because speculating on comics has everything to do with loving money and not loving funny books. :mad:

I disagree. It's precisely the love of funny books that make us go :insane: and spend stupid amounts of cash, spend countless hours of our lives talking about it here and treking across the country to hit cons.

The "loving money" part is mearly a way of keeping score. We love to "win". It's no different in any other hobby (sports cards, coins, fine art, wine, etc...).

We all have our egos and we want to have the best or the biggest or the brightest...and then we want other people to know we have it....Being able to brag out how much something is worth or what we sold something for is really about being #1.

Read the books "Mint Condition", "The Billionare's Vingear" and "The Card" . The authors talk about the same mentality of greed, ego and fraud that we complain about here.

Because speculating on comics has everything to do with loving money and not loving funny books. :mad:

I disagree. It's precisely the love of funny books that make us go :insane: and spend stupid amounts of cash, spend countless hours of our lives talking about it here and treking across the country to hit cons.

The "loving money" part is mearly a way of keeping score. We love to "win". It's no different in any other hobby (sports cards, coins, fine art, wine, etc...).

We all have our egos and we want to have the best or the biggest or the brightest...and then we want other people to know we have it....Being able to brag out how much something is worth or what we sold something for is really about being #1.

Read the books "Mint Condition", "The Billionare's Vingear" and "The Card" . The authors talk about the same mentality of greed, ego and fraud that we complain about here.

Well, that’s maybe the reason for which I don’t consider it a "hobby". Many comics have been a very important part of my upbringing, so the high prices just get in the way…