• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHAZAM #1 "THE NEW BEGINNING"

26 posts in this topic

I think it was during when this mini was being published that I started reading and collecting comics. I may have some of the issues but didn't read it. The only Shazam- or Black Adam-related comics that I can recall reading are the early issues of Justice League and 52. It will be interesting to see whether the interest in Black Adam increases demand for 52. Is there a more significant storyline for him in any of the Shazam series?

Interesting 4-part Mini Series.

9307285511_7dbacb93a1.jpg

mm

I missed out on this series. But I did like when Shazam appeared in Legends #1-6. A few 1st and relaunches in that one.

#1: 1st Amanda Waller; 1st post-Crisis appearance of Captain Marvel.

#3: 1st Copper Age appearance of The Suicide Squad.

#6: 1st post-Crisis Wonder Woman outside own title; 1st new Justice League.

mm

I missed out on this series. But I did like when Shazam appeared in Legends #1-6. A few 1st and relaunches in that one.

I grabbed a copy of #6 from a quarter box at NY Special Edition in June.

Early Captain Marvel appearances will likely get more popular when the film is getting closer to come out. The bronze age and early copper appearances will likely be sought after.

Legends #6 doesn't get any love any more, but it was one of the "must have" books when I started collecting. It's a great lead-in to the new Justice League series.

I have about 40 copies.

;)

Legends #6 doesn't get any love any more, but it was one of the "must have" books when I started collecting. It's a great lead-in to the new Justice League series.

I have about 40 copies.

;)

I started collecting during Legends, and I remember how hot Justice League was for the first year or so.

It's still a fun little series. Not a great storyline. But good enough, with plenty of appearances to keep a reader entertained.

How many other Black Adam appearances are there between Shazam #28 and Shazam the New Beginning? If I recall correctly, #3 and #4 have Black Adam covers as well.

And, for those of you who collect Canadian Newsstand Price Variants, There are $1.00 covers of these as well (I will post them later).

How many other Black Adam appearances are there between Shazam #28 and Shazam the New Beginning? If I recall correctly, #3 and #4 have Black Adam covers as well.

And, for those of you who collect Canadian Newsstand Price Variants, There are $1.00 covers of these as well (I will post them later).

Here is my #4 Canadian Newsstand Edition. The rest of the series I have is .75 covers.

EPSON028_zpsbd999ccb.jpg

Here's #2 and #3.

14406314114_b778c973aa.jpg

14406322754_da3170a2d5.jpg

mm

mm

scan0237.jpg

scan0238.jpg