• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Locust moon festival 2014 philadelphia Oct 25th

9 posts in this topic

Posting this because I haven't seen anything for it ....

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25

@ The Rotunda

4014 Walnut Street

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104

The Locust Moon Comics Festival is Philadelphia’s premiere celebration of comics, illustration, and the graphic arts.

Check out some press for our first and second Festivals here.

This year’s guestsinclude Bill Sienkiewicz, Paul Pope, Mark Schultz, Box Brown, Rebecca Mock, Farel Dalrymple, Dean Haspiel, J.G. Jones, Denis Kitchen, Tom Scioli, Jose Villarrubia, Dave Bullock, Ronald Wimberly, Yao Xiao, and Jim Rugg.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to keep up to date on guest announcements, programming info, and more.

PROSPECTIVE EXHIBITORS:

Fill out our table request form here!

Or e-mail your information and examples of the work you’ll be exhibiting to

locustmooncomics@gmail.com

This is a curated event with limited space, so unfortunately not all applicants are assured tables.

yes, this should be a lot of fun. I plan on taking my wife and 2 daughters down to Philly for the afternoon.

:whistle: I can also bring some of the original art I have listed on my CAF and in this thread if anyone is interested (most of it is less than $100 and by known comic artists)

only spent 2 hours or so at the show but the family had a very nice time. I would prefer the artist not sell my 10 year old daughter a minicomic titled "the History of Joints" but I was really only bemused at this. We did forget to take it from her before dropping her off at a party, I might nere about that later tonight. :eek:

Did manage to snag this. I was impressed, Sienkieiwcz was there bright and shiny.

B00n4U4IIAASCq8.jpg

I also was glad to show Denis Kitchen my L'il Abner ("You got a good one" he finished up with!) and talk about how much Capp was likely there. Met Mark Schultz for the first time and marvelled at his art; managed to refrain from buying something looser than I would be happy with but now know what I am dealing with. Soon Mark, soon enough.

Paul pope apparently only has a 5:30 pm signing, and I did not look too hard but did not see JG Jones in the tiny room he was scheduled for. But all in all a very nice show. Made some new contacts and the family had fun.

Oh, and Dave Bullock was awesomely amazing with myself and my daughter. Went above and beyond by calling her behind the table and showing her how he draws Batman. She also got a Mark Schultz T Rex added to her sketchbook. Lucky gal.