• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how much should I expect to pay for a raw 9.8 asm 194?

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys I thought I'd bring this here because I don't really know what prices I would be asked to pay and I don't want to insult any boardies by not being able to buy it even though I asked for it:(

thoughts?

To clarify I'm asking for the fmv of a raw 9.8 asm 194 :)

Challenge is with a raw comic, there is no one who can truly guarantee it will grade a 9.8. If you are committed to a CGC 9.8, you should buy it that way. A CGC 9.8 goes for $800+. Raw might be a bit less since there are risks involved.

Good luck!

Challenge is with a raw comic, there is no one who can truly guarantee it will grade a 9.8. If you are committed to a CGC 9.8, you should buy it that way. A CGC 9.8 goes for $800+. Raw might be a bit less since there are risks involved.

Good luck!

Many dealers will not leave money on the table and sell raw 9.8's. Personally, if you are looking for a 9.8, you should probably pony up the $800+/- for a slabbed copy.

If you are fortunate enough to find a raw 9.8 from a reputable seller, my opinion is you are going to be shelling out $650-700 for a copy.

Good luck in your quest.

Good luck!

Many dealers will not leave money on the table and sell raw 9.8's. Personally, if you are looking for a 9.8, you should probably pony up the $800+/- for a slabbed copy.

If you are fortunate enough to find a raw 9.8 from a reputable seller, my opinion is you are going to be shelling out $650-700 for a copy.

Good luck in your quest.

This is sound advice. And better make a move sooner rather than later, the book is percolating.

-J.

Good luck!

Good luck in your quest.

This is sound advice. And better make a move sooner rather than later, the book is percolating.

yeah I've noticed :(

-J.

Good luck!

Good luck in your quest.

yeah I've noticed :(

-J.

I'm sure we have J. Scott Campbell to thank for it. :insane:

-J.

Good luck!

Good luck in your quest.

Thanks for the info :)

I would be hard pressed (pun intended?) to say a copy is 9.8 in hand, but I know a 9.6 when I see one though, and sometimes they become 9.8's...

This is a book that you can still find available NM+ raw so you just have to do the legwork.

so find a 9.6 copy that has one flaw get it pressed and it might become a 9.8?

I agree with the "it's not a 9.8 til it is graded that sentiment." Go CGC or buy multiple raws...

I thought it was good advice to buy at CGC 9.6 price. CGC 9.4 sounds a little cheap if it is a 9.8. You have to consider the odds of it coming back lower...

If you're keeping it raw...I wouldn't spend the money on a copy that is hard to tell if it is 9.6 or 9.8 2c

I agree with the "it's not a 9.8 til it is graded that sentiment." Go CGC or buy multiple raws...

I thought it was good advice to buy at CGC 9.6 price. CGC 9.4 sounds a little cheap if it is a 9.8. You have to consider the odds of it coming back lower...

If you're keeping it raw...I wouldn't spend the money on a copy that is hard to tell if it is 9.6 or 9.8 2c

hmmm.....that's good advice to follow

Challenge is with a raw comic, there is no one who can truly guarantee it will grade a 9.8.

That's not entirely true, either technically or realistically.

There are a few people who can grade a book 9.8, and have it be a 9.8, 98% of the time (see what I did there...?)

As well, there are sellers who WILL guarantee, under certain conditions (ie. immediate submission) that a book will grade X.X, or there will be a refund of the difference in grades.

However, the easiest way to do it is to buy an already slabbed 9.8.