• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Incredible Hulk 181

11 posts in this topic

PGM: Incredible Hulk 181

I know I need a scanner for the best grading by you but I hope these scans will give you enough to give me your best guess.

I found this issue as a teenager digging in a quarter pile at a book store in the early 80s. She was too shrewd for me though, skimming through an Overstreet and charging me a dollar. That was before I knew about grading comics but I always understood it was a special issue so I kept it in pretty much the condition it was in when I bought it.

Under a sharp light, I counted 17 (!) small spine creases, several breaking color as you can see. Also, the upper left corner has some damage. There are no long cover creases. The marks you see in the black dialogue blurb are wear not creases, and are seen best in the close-up photo rather than full cover photo. The front cover has some light wear near the spine. On the back there are light creases along the left side. I've included 12 scans to try not to hide anything.

Thanks for your guesses. After 3 or more guesses, I'll post my own Overstreet grading that I gave it.

hvxb14.jpg

4r6niv.jpg

wqv5sh.jpg

2cnjhn6.jpg

5al0rp.jpg

2exbwvk.jpg

219rlhw.jpg

mbidsw.jpg

qrg2fq.jpg

t02069.jpg

30nf0xt.jpg

2ywuzwi.jpg

Thanks for all of the evaluations. Using the Overstreet grading guide book some years ago, I graded it at a 7.0, matching many of the guesses here. The book was a useful resource but can't capture every combination of defects so using it to grade was as much an art as a science. I would believe any of the estimations made in this thread. CGC is not Overstreet and for any given expected grade there's play on either side of that.

Thanks again.