• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This af 15 is not passing the sniff test

122 posts in this topic

I never understood why someone would put a book like that on eBay? That's (if it were real) a $15-20,000 book. Shouldn't that go to an auction house? Wouldn't you get more traction there? I can't see eBay as a good option for 5+ figure books (absent of course 1 of a kind books like the Action 1 where it doesn't matter where you sell it it will command attention and money.)

This is the sellers response:

I have pulled the listing, My Husband has had this comic for years and bought it graded. I'm going to ask him about this.

That is complete BS…those fingers in the third picture do not belong to a woman!

Those are man fingers, baby!!!

Some men have husbands. But not this guy, this is a total scam.

I never understood why someone would put a book like that on eBay? That's (if it were real) a $15-20,000 book. Shouldn't that go to an auction house? Wouldn't you get more traction there? I can't see eBay as a good option for 5+ figure books (absent of course 1 of a kind books like the Action 1 where it doesn't matter where you sell it it will command attention and money.)

$250 max final value fee, or less if you are a power seller that merits a discount.

Even with the 3% paypal fee, a 15k book on eBay has half the fees as CLINK/CC. Not to mention the fact that you don't have to wait a month and a half to get paid like you would with CLINK.

Unless you have an account that gets you a portion of the hammer or can neg the sales fee with HA, they are not even close enough to be considered.

It may not be for the non-key books that the eBay crowd would value the same way old school collectors would, but I would put any Spidey key or hot book on eBay before I'd go anywhere else (boards not included). You're going to net more cash.

Man Hands got busted.

They always act like 'really? it is? I'll have to look into this'

It's the go-to scammer reaction to getting busted and trying to appear innocent.

Really? there's no book in the slab? Just a cover? I never noticed that.

Man Hands got busted.

It's the go-to scammer reaction to getting busted and trying to appear innocent.

:roflmao: Classic.

Man Hands got busted.

That's exactly what the normal usually rebuttal is! lol

I thought it was 10% no matter what for final value. I didn't know 250 was the limit. hm that's interesting

Yup. eBay, despite all it's flaws, is probably the best place to sell keys based on your net.

Also, here's a dirty little secret that eBay is trying to fight. If you list a key, you'll almost always get requests to sell it off-eBay through their PM system. I'm convinced this is why so many sellers have BIN prices that are above market - it's really just a way to advertise that you have the book and are open to offers that avoid the selling fees.

Isn't that the reason why starting next month, non store sellers have to list everything as an auction, no more BINs?

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That will suck. The majority of the books I sell are via BO.

I don't think they are doing away with BIN's for non-store sellers, as far as I know it was just a rumor.

Isn't that the reason why starting next month, non store sellers have to list everything as an auction, no more BINs?

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That will suck. The majority of the books I sell are via BO.

I don't think they are doing away with BIN's for non-store sellers, as far as I know it was just a rumor.

Hope it's just a rumor. If not, I'd imagine we'll see even more starting bids at higher prices than we do now since they started charging for fixed listings.

It's funny, I was the highest bidder just before the auction was pulled/canceled. They claimed they canceled the auction so that her husband can list it on his "well known" sellers account, as he will be listing more comics.

I just checked my ebay messages and there were 3 more from her/him/them. lol

This is what the last one said:

if you have any Questions feel free to contact me. 1 9565094829 - my name is Andy my wife said you was interested in my AF 15 comic