• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Series You recommened....

19 posts in this topic

Everyone post some series you recommend whether it be the art,writing, or whatever.

GL:Rebirth:Just ready and I love the story.

IC: Nuff' Said.

Superman: Jim Lee's Art!

Astonishing XM: Everything about it! sign-rantpost.gif

Everyone post some series you recommend whether it be the art,writing, or whatever.

GL:Rebirth:Just ready and I love the story.

IC: Nuff' Said.

Superman: Jim Lee's Art!

Astonishing XM: Everything about it! sign-rantpost.gif

On going: Superman/Batman & Teen Titans

Limited: GL Rebirth and Identity Crisis

Fables: Great writing, art and original

Invincible: Great writing and original

Gotham Central: By far the best book in the Batman line.

Powers: Best Bendis and a far, far cry from Avengers dissembled.

JSA: Best team book.

100 Bullets: Very original, great writing and art.

and if you never read it: Preacher or Sandman Loved both of these series, sorry they are gone frown.gif

Just to name a few.............

Superman/Batman -- Excellent writing and stories, great artists (Turner, Pacheco, McGuinness). My favorite book out there right now, and more Supergirl is to come in just a few short months.

Marvel Knights Spiderman -- In my opinion, the best Spidey book around. Great writing (Millar) and excellent art. Tons of villains and battles (Sinister Twelve??).

Flash -- A classic book, still going strong with Geoff Johns at the helm.

Batman -- Judd Winick is now the regular writer of the series. I expect some pretty good things from him.

Mini-series that you can still get at a great price: Majestic #1-4. I really enjoyed this, even if he is just a Superman from another world. I'm looking forward to the debut of the Majestic montly series in a few months.

100 Bullets: Very original, great writing and art.

and if you never read it: Preacher or Sandman Loved both of these series, sorry they are gone frown.gif

Just to name a few.............

Agree, agree, and agree. In spinoff land, Lucifer is fantastic. Mike Carey is a guy who knows how to write.

As far as more or less monthly series go:

Kyle Baker has done a great job of updating Plas and paying homage to Jack Cole simultaneously.

While I liked the look of the Scott Morse issues, I was less impressed by the writing.

Gotham Central is excellent - A crime comic where supervillians are incidental.

100 Bullets - I'm still a fan, but need to re-read the run, as I'm starting to get a bit confused as to what's going on anymore.

I'm still liking what Bendis and Maleev are doing with Daredevil.

BPRD - Has the standard Dark Horse renumbering for each story arc, but an excellent Hellboy spin-off by Mignola, John Arcudi & Guy Davis.

Simpson's and related titles - often as funny as the show, and with more comic book references.

100 Bullets

Superman/Batman (why didn't I buy issues 1-8 off the newsstand??!! frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif)

Green Lantern Rebirth kicked into high gear with issue 3

Planetary

Birds of Prey

100 Bullets - Best book out. Have to start at #1 though.

The Goon - Great stuff every month. Can't say enough good things about it.

Batman/Superman - That Supergirl arc was just awesome.

Y: The Last Man - Always a good read. Cliffhangers every month.

Fables - Solid month in and month out. Some really great characters.

I was talking about this subject last night with a friend of mine, and i think that Astonishing X-Men might be the best book out right now. I'm not even an X-Men fan....

But the writing is very snappy and the storyline is mysterious without being over complicated. Obviously Cassady's artwork is beautiful.

I love JSA, but the artwork is pretty mediocre right now. I wish they would bring back Sadowski and Bair who I thought fit the book perfectly. Or better yet DC hire BUZZ to do the book (had a fill in issue or two)!

GL: Rebirth, good, but continuity nightmare for some people who are new fans.

I was talking about this subject last night with a friend of mine, and i think that Astonishing X-Men might be the best book out right now. I'm not even an X-Men fan....

But the writing is very snappy and the storyline is mysterious without being over complicated. Obviously Cassady's artwork is beautiful.

The amazing thing about it is that it's mainstream x-universe. You'd think the continuity baggage would be overwhelming, but he's somehow cut to the chase in such a way that it all makes some sense.

Since I just read the first three issues of the current arc last night, let me jsut say again how good Superman/Batman is!!!!

I love time-travel stuff. This arc is shaping up to be just as good, or better than the Supergirl arc! And Darkseid again! Loeb is at the top of his game on this one! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

My new favorite super-hero book!

I have been a big DC fan of late, but I must admit Astonishing X is one of my fave titles, and the only X-Men title that I get each month (although my wife gets New X-Men). One other sleeper Marvel title that I think is wonderful is the new Warlock. Highly original and recommended.