• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Montreal Comiccon - July 3-5, 2015 - Palais des Congrès, MTL

45 posts in this topic

Since the 2014 con had the indignity of piggybacking onto 2013's thread, I figured I'd start things off early for 2015. Looking forward to the show: 2014 was massive (biggest yet), and sounds like it will continue to grow.

From today's press release - awkward phrasing is from the issuing agency that clearly is adapting from French (poorly):

"Montreal (Quebec), Monday, September 15, 2014 – Montreal Comiccon’s sixth edition proved to be an incredible success. Over 51,000 attendees of all ages walked through the halls of the Palais des congrès over this past week-end to take part of the great pop culture gathering that has become a must in Montreal.

[...]

A wide array of guests from the TV, film and entertainment worlds were present to meet their fans, including crowd-pleasers Sir Patrick Stewart, Stephen Amell, Robert Englund and Norman Reedus. On Friday night, Hulk Hogan shared touching, humorous and life-changing stories at the special event Hulk Hogan: Uncut. On Saturday, one of the most anticipated and best attended special events was Star Trek: TNG – Engaged!, where nine cast members were welcomed to the stage by a small orchestra from Les Fusiliers Mont-Royal and Dr. McCoy from 2009’s Star Trek, Karl Urban. Later that evening, dreams became a reality for 100 fans of Arrow, who had the chance to meet and greet Oliver Queen himself (Stephen Amell) in an intimate and relaxed setting.

[...]

Montreal Comiccon’s remarkable growth and popularity has been such that the organization is now at a crossroads. "Our goal and our priority is that our visitors and all those who support us benefit from a great experience. That is why we’ve booked the entire convention center for next year. In order to accomplish this, we had to move the event dates”, says Alex La Prova, Co-President of Montreal Comiccon. Therefore, the 2015 edition will be held from July 3 to 5."

This is probably because of the new Quebec City Show and trying to improve on Ottawa.

Sounds good.

I think it's more a double-down on the success of the shows. 2 a year for Ottawa, now for Mtl, and a new Quebec show. The crowds and tickets alone seem to be enough profit to keep generating them.

In terms of the actual comic books I bought though, I had more success at Ottawa then Mtl.

It's going to make it extremely difficult for dealers who set up at both shows (SD and Montreal)

lol

Harley and....???

I think he was making a joke.

There actually is another major seller besides Harley that actually sets up at both shows. ;)

It's going to make it extremely difficult for dealers who set up at both shows (SD and Montreal)

lol

Harley and....???

There actually is another major seller besides Harley that actually sets up at both shows. ;)

Who ? (shrug)

I think Marc the Comic Hunter sets up at SDCC.

lol

Harley and....???

Who ? (shrug)

lol why?

lol

Harley and....???

Who ? (shrug)

lol why?

I believe Marc just goes to shop. Comic Age sets up.