• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed: Thanks for the tips & advice everyone!

33 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I got the exciting news yesterday that an offer I had placed on a house was accepted. I would like to place 20% down on the property, and in order to do so, I need to make some quick sales.

Due to the time situation, I am looking for a direct paypal payment on a collection that I have been developing since 2006. Some of them are the highest graded copies on the current CGC census, and the majority are either the 2nd or 3rd highest graded!

Here is a list of what I am offering at this time. Please feel free to contact me with offers, but unconditional postings of the :takeit: sign in this thread will trump negotiations. Offers are encouraged on multiple-book potential purchases.

Shipping charges in the U.S. will be $8 for the 1st slab, and $1 for each additional book. Shipping outside of the U.S. will be at exact cost via AirMail.

Here is a list of what I am offering:

All-Top Comics #8 CGC 9.0 :

All-Top Comics #9 CGC 8.5 :

All-Top Comics #10 CGC 9.2:

All-Top Comics #11 CGC 9.0 :

All-Top Comics #12 CGC 9.0 (Mile High Pedigree) :

All-Top Comics #13 CGC 9.0 :

All-Top Comics #15 CGC 9.0 :

All-Top Comics #16 CGC 7.5 (Okajima Pedigree) :

All-Top Comics #18 CGC 9.0 (Ohio Pedigree) :

Blue Beetle #49 CGC 9.0 (Rockford Pedigree) :

Blue Beetle #50 CGC 9.0 :

Dagar Desert Hawk #15 CGC 8.5 (Mile High Pedigree) :

Rulah #17(1) CGC 9.0 (Mile High Pedigree) :

Rulah #19 CGC 8.0 :

Seven Seas #3 CGC 9.0 (Highest Graded) :

Zoot #9 CGC 8.0 :

Zoot #14 CGC 8.5 :

Zoot #15 CGC 9.0 :

Note: I have moved some of the books over to eBay. This includes the Jo-Jo's, the Juniors, the Planet, Zago and a few Zoot books.

I just went through the same thing. The PMI is 200 a month until I have been here for 5 years and have 20% equity in the house. I will just pay the PMI for now, but picked up 20% having the house appraised after converting to natural gas, and installing central air. So now I wait..

Congrats on the house! Exciting Times!

Thanks! It is exciting, but I underestimated the instant stress of things after an acceptance. I want to make sure that I have all bases covered, and if I can, I would like to avoid the pesky PMI. Unfortunately, the ways things stand I am also responsible for closing costs :(

The moment my offer was accepted for my Brooklyn apartment, I just knew I'd made a huge mistake! lol I've been here for a couple years now and everything's fine. :foryou:

Good luck on the sales, that's some cool comics. And good luck with the new pad.

Thanks Speedy! I am trying to do so many things at once right now :busy:

The moment my offer was accepted for my Brooklyn apartment, I just knew I'd made a huge mistake! lol I've been here for a couple years now and everything's fine. :foryou:

Good luck on the sales, that's some cool comics. And good luck with the new pad.

Get a 80% loan and a 5-10% HELOC. This is how to avoid PMI. Your PMI payment that you would have made is actually paying down your house. Plus just because you finally get to that 80%, most banks don't want to let that PMI go and will do everything to keep it coming in even if Federal law says they must. They will want to question the actual value of the home and you'll need to show it has a value of 80% of the loan.

Then again you can avoid PMI if you can raise the $. If all else fails, consider the above. One more thing: just because you agreed on a price, it doesn't mean it's the price. You'll need an inspection and after the inspection there is usually another negotiation.

Just a thought if you need to move on this fast and need more time to sell your books.

Thanks! I am trying as hard as I can to get at least a 20% interest payment. Just had a home inspection today and things look like they will be going forward. Numerous PM's about books in this thread, so I will be working on getting scans up for the books.

Thanks everyone for the tips and congrats on the house! I have put this off for far too long :preach:

I think you should scan them all in just so we can look at them.

Congrats on getting a house and making the smart move to avoid PMI!

Fantastic collection! :applause:

I wish I was still in the position to purchase GGA books so I could make an offer on a couple of these HG beauties! :pullhair:

Nicest list of GGA books I've seen here in a while! (thumbs u

All-Top Comics #16 CGC 7.5 (Okajima Pedigree) : $3,000 OBO

anyone on the fence about this book should know how hard it is to find ANY Okajimas these days.

I think only two have come up for auction in the last year, and maybe only 2 have sold here on the boards....

Great offer on a very hard to find pedigree (and the best pedigree back story ever in my opinion)