• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed: Thanks for the tips & advice everyone!

33 posts in this topic

The other nice thing about having more than 20% down is that you can do your own escrow on the taxes/insurance and don't have to do that through the bank. As long as you can be disciplined about putting that money into an account when you pay your mortgage each month you can make the interest yourself, rather than letting the bank hold your money for free.

Good luck with the new place!

As requested, here is the scan. IMHO, this book is a potential candidate for a straight re-sub for a higher grade. I have not done so because of the fact that I really like the old label:

20140915212029_001_zpse4cb4dbd.jpg

20140915212118_001_zps1c038e57.jpg

Could I see a scan of the Okajima book, please.

A favorite GGA and Okajima. :cloud9:

Interesting that it doesn't have the Okajima name on it. Has this one been catalogued by our Boardie Okajima experts?

I only have one. Jungle 54 and I wouldn't let it go. There's a reason these don't sell. Once you have one its hard to let it go.

In an effort to comply with board rules, I have modified the initial post after having listed some of the books up on the bay. I have removed the following from the thread, but if anyone is interested in any of the following, please PM and I will add them back to the thread:

Jo-Jo #7(8) CGC 8.5

Jo-Jo #8(9) CGC 8.5

Jo-Jo #11 CGC 9.2

Jo-Jo #12 CGC 8.0 (D Copy)

Jo-Jo #14 CGC 8.5

Jo-Jo #16 CGC 8.5

Jo-Jo #17 CGC 8.5

Jo-Jo #20 CGC 9.4

Jo-Jo #22 CGC 8.0

Jo-Jo #23 CGC 7.5

Junior #12 CGC 7.5 (Cosmic Aeroplane Pedigree)

Junior #16 CGC 7.5 (D Copy Pedigree)

Planet Comics #53 CGC 7.0

Zago #4 CGC 7.5

Zoot #8 CGC 7.0 (Ohio Pedigree)

Zoot #10 CGC 8.5

Interesting that it doesn't have the Okajima name on it. Has this one been catalogued by our Boardie Okajima experts?

I only have one. Jungle 54 and I wouldn't let it go. There's a reason these don't sell. Once you have one its hard to let it go.

FYI: only Okajmias from the camp era (late 43 into 1944) have the "Okajima" name written on the front and the "camp style" code.

This book (which is a great one and someone should buy it) is from the subsequent time in the collectors life after she moved out of the camp. This phase of the pedigree can be noted by the distributor/newsstand mark in pencil by the "Mar" by the title. It also has the date stamp on the back cover, which was typical for this phase of the pedigree.

a beaut!

This is one of my favorite Fox GGA books and the fact that it is an Okajima pedigree just adds that much more to the appeal for me. This has to be one of Baker's better covers IMHO!

Thanks for the info mysterio. I will PM you about the escrow. That would be nice if I could do it myself instead of paying in advance.

The other nice thing about having more than 20% down is that you can do your own escrow on the taxes/insurance and don't have to do that through the bank. As long as you can be disciplined about putting that money into an account when you pay your mortgage each month you can make the interest yourself, rather than letting the bank hold your money for free.

Good luck with the new place!

I have a couple in my PERMANENT collection. :cloud9:

That is some very good info. I always wondered about that. The way that I identify them is the date stamp on the back cover.

FYI: only Okajmias from the camp era (late 43 into 1944) have the "Okajima" name written on the front and the "camp style" code.

This book (which is a great one and someone should buy it) is from the subsequent time in the collectors life after she moved out of the camp. This phase of the pedigree can be noted by the distributor/newsstand mark in pencil by the "Mar" by the title. It also has the date stamp on the back cover, which was typical for this phase of the pedigree.

a beaut!