• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm boycotting the Death of Wolverine!

118 posts in this topic

I don't care if my LCS is giving the book away I'm not giving in to the hype. This crud brings back way too many bad memories of the death of superman and the collapse in the market we saw soon after. Unless Logan is really dead and plans on staying dead for a decade at least - I'm staying away from all that false hype!

I don't care if my LCS is giving the book away I'm not giving in to the hype. This crud brings back way too many bad memories of the death of superman and the collapse in the market we saw soon after. Unless Logan is really dead and plans on staying dead for a decade at least - I'm staying away from all that false hype!

What he said! :sumo:

I'm a fan of C. Soules writing so far. Not a fan of marvel's approach to killing characters by headlining it months prior. When I read something, I like the element of surprise as they did when they killed Gwen Stacy back in the day. The shock is beyond words. Knowing something is going to happen inevitably is the biggest spoiler. Especially when you create your own mini-series with "Death of ______" as its headliner. Way to go Marvel!

The thing is, he's been dead before. Even Nightcrawler came back recently. I'll welcome the title back as I am reading the new ASM series, but they just need better writing. I always pictured logan going down by a sentinel in a twisted fate of days of future past inevitableness lying next to a sabretooth corpse.

Wow, I didnt know the dead can come back to life after a decade, I gotta keep up with technology

The first two issues have been OK.

meh…seems like they're doing a "now Wolverine is vulnerable" and let's throw all his enemies at him at once.

We've already had him meet with Viper, Sabretooth, Deathstrike, and apparently, Kitty Pryde. Not to mention Mr. Fantastic, whoever that flag guy is, and a bit of Iron Man…within the first two issues.

And these issues are about 16 pages each.

It is a decent book (although I bought the digital version).

+1

I'm kinda hoping it ramps up, though. Bringing Kitty in has me looking forward to reading it. However it shakes out, I sincerely hope Kitty Pryde is somehow there at the end and not just another guest appearance. For all the people that got close to Wolverine, I think Kitty is the most important to the Logan's character.

And hopefully his death will bring a damn name change. This James Howlett krap has to stop.

I haven't bought a Marvel comic since the 2008 reboots. They can suck it.

Same boat here.Suck it to them.

Since 2000 here, they can double suck it.

I'm going to send fanmail in Logan510's name gushing about how well they've portrayed the character in the past few years.