• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm boycotting the Death of Wolverine!

118 posts in this topic

people still buy marvel books? i just read the new stuff 6 months late on Marvel Unlimited.

+1

On an iPad.

I don`t know if many old timers know this, but Marvel Unlimited is kind of like Netflix now. You can literally read decades of Marvel comic books for low monthly fee of $9.99 which is a much better bang for your buck, then buying 3 print comics at $3.99 a pop for a half hour read.

:cloud9:

I don't care if my LCS is giving the book away I'm not giving in to the hype. This crud brings back way too many bad memories of the death of superman and the collapse in the market we saw soon after. Unless Logan is really dead and plans on staying dead for a decade at least - I'm staying away from all that false hype!

You're just pissed because now you'll have to get your face painted as a different character. :baiting:

You are right sir! I am going to change my avatar in response to this cash grab. I will not go back to Wolverine or something else until Wolverine is back in the marvel universe.

80% of Old Man Logan was really good stuff.

I'd have to say out of all the modern stuff I've read in the past 10 years, that's easily the best stand-alone Wolvie story. Really worth reading for anyone who left the character behind. If you don't like modern stuff - that one, on it's own, is worth checking out.

Felt it got stretched to pander to the popularity of the arc, but I really enjoyed the possibilities of that "new" Wolverine universe. Some fertile ground for different storytelling with the character.

The top notch artwork helped as well.

This is basically the only book I will buy from Marvel anymore. I look forward to a sequel.

They are either out of touch with us or vice versa.

I don't care if my LCS is giving the book away I'm not giving in to the hype. This crud brings back way too many bad memories of the death of superman and the collapse in the market we saw soon after. Unless Logan is really dead and plans on staying dead for a decade at least - I'm staying away from all that false hype!

I stopped reading ASM when they announced the "death" of Peter Parker. Just sick of these transparent marketing ploys that insult the decades long fans. And I had read ALL previous issues. :sumo:

Now why is my new avatar not showing up? Does it have to be ok'ed by the "man"?

I could see it. Can someone help him get his avatar saved? I put a copy below.

afdc3248454e8089ccc412f02a983688.jpg

Now why is my new avatar not showing up? Does it have to be ok'ed by the "man"?

I could see it. Can someone help him get his avatar saved? I put a copy below.

afdc3248454e8089ccc412f02a983688.jpg

Nice work!

The killing off major characters only to bring them back gimmick is getting old fast.

Ditto for the renumbering gimmick.

Marvel, please treat your customers with just a shred of respect.

Is that too much to ask?

The killing off major characters only to bring them back gimmick is getting old fast.

Ditto for the renumbering gimmick.

Marvel, please treat your customers with just a shred of respect.

Is that too much to ask?

I understand the re-numbering, but sadly - Marvel doesn't think it through.

The re-numbering is to make it easier for readers to jump on, but their current scheme undermines the ability for those readers to go back and explore previous chapters in the title history.

They need a numbering system to keep things in some semblance of order, much like seasons of a TV show. Season 2, Episode 8 or 2.8, etc. That way, as the new chapters begin, they can "celebrate" a new #1, (i.e., 1.1, 2.1, 3.1) but the organizational structure of the volumes is numbered in a way so that fans who haven't been reading can more easily figure out where to start. They attempted to make this work on Uncanny X-Force and other titles doing jump-on issues (such as issue 5 and issue 5.1 then issue 6) but it's stupidly confusing and needlessly overcomplicated when it should be just simple numbering.

I believe Buffy and X-Files does this, and it's practically a no-brainer - which, according to everyone here, should be right up Marvel's alley.

I honestly felt the same way. Really got tired of the gimmick "death" stuff. BUT...

...picked up issues 1 and 2.

The artwork is fantastic.

The story is very good.

The paper quality used is top notch.

Overall great books. I highly recommend getting them (despite how you might feel about the gimmick).