• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm boycotting the Death of Wolverine!

118 posts in this topic

I haven't bought a Marvel comic since the 2008 reboots. They can suck it.

Same boat here.Suck it to them.

I'm currently reading (and liking) the Hawkeye set I got awhile ago. And I really like the Old Man Logan series that came out a bit ago so there are some good series being put out by Marvel. Maybe Marvel has some great plans for Wolverine and this is just a way to jump start the changes. But my gut tells me this is just a money grab which just sucks.

I think it sounds like a silly idea and as mentioned we all know he will be back with-in a year. That said, I would have almost picked up the first two issues for Steve McNiven art alone and was pleasantly surprised how much I really enjoyed them!

I'm currently reading (and liking) the Hawkeye set I got awhile ago. And I really like the Old Man Logan series that came out a bit ago so there are some good series being put out by Marvel. Maybe Marvel has some great plans for Wolverine and this is just a way to jump start the changes. But my gut tells me this is just a money grab which just sucks.

My error...I did have,and enjoyed the Old Man Logan...also forgot the Marvels Project...but that's all,I swear...the rest can suck it.

This is a good point. I have bought some Marvel arc trades and loved them - Planet Hulk, OML, Hawkeye, the Fraction/Aja Iron Fist.

But I do not have any floppies on my pull list because suck it for all the reboots, Marvel.

I don't care if my LCS is giving the book away I'm not giving in to the hype. This crud brings back way too many bad memories of the death of superman and the collapse in the market we saw soon after. Unless Logan is really dead and plans on staying dead for a decade at least - I'm staying away from all that false hype!

Wow, I didnt know the dead can come back to life after a decade, I gotta keep up with technology

It's in the comics owner's manual in the chapter just after adamantium claws and right before healing factors.

Since 2000 here, they can double suck it.

I'm going to send fanmail in Logan510's name gushing about how well they've portrayed the character in the past few years.

Please also mention how big a fan I am of Gwen Stacy having a child as the product of being raped by Norman Osborn. :facepalm:

I quit in 2010. I've watched the cycle of death and rebirth in comic books iterate so many times that it's pointless even paying attention or caring anymore.

Since 2000 here, they can double suck it.

I'm going to send fanmail in Logan510's name gushing about how well they've portrayed the character in the past few years.

Please also mention how big a fan I am of Gwen Stacy having a child as the product of being raped by Norman Osborn. :facepalm:

:o Glad I quit buying new issues when I did.

Somebody should start a thread called 'Comics I don't read anymore'.

Sounds like it would be a more manageable list if we list what we do read. Most of the new Marvel stuff I've read have been ok at best.