• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"De-restored" Mile High More Fun #14

8 posts in this topic

I was browsing ComicLink today and noticed that the Mile High copy of More Fun Comics #14 is now listed as an unrestored CGC 6.5. I'm virtually certain that this same book has been listed in the past on ComicLink as a PLOD book with minor restoration. Does anyone else have that recollection? If so, I'd be interested to know what the forum's thoughts are regarding purple label books being "de-restored" and getting a blue label.

RHG

Yeah, it used to be a restored book. I think the More Fun 52 was as well. I guess they were able to remove whatever got it a purple lable. If restoration can be removed, cool. Most restoration actually does more damage than good. Especially acidic glue and paper.

I was browsing ComicLink today and noticed that the Mile High copy of More Fun Comics #14 is now listed as an unrestored CGC 6.5. I'm virtually certain that this same book has been listed in the past on ComicLink as a PLOD book with minor restoration. Does anyone else have that recollection? If so, I'd be interested to know what the forum's thoughts are regarding purple label books being "de-restored" and getting a blue label.

RHG

i'd be interested if it was in the same grade when it was considered restored. (the reason i say this is because i would think that most books would fall a grade or so when the minor resto was removed?)

i'd also be interested if it was truly "de-restored" or simply resubmitted...... confused.gif

It was listed on ComicLink in 2003 as a raw 8.0 with slight restoration (at $17,500). I downloaded the scan 5/2/2003. As far as I remember, CGC gave it a 6.5 SP the first time it was submitted (my records are at home) and it had been listed in the purple holder for a long time (at least a year, I think).