• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I received an interesting phone call last week...

495 posts in this topic

Did anyone save the removed scan or pic of the book?

Lamest part of coming late to this party: no scan. :(

ok-- fake post for starters and several people quoted the first post as well as the image of the book they claimed was part of the deal (which is real but the story is completely fake)

I realize that, but he's deleted the scan from the host site so it's not there any more. :(

ok-- fake post for starters and several people quoted the first post as well as the image of the book they claimed was part of the deal (which is real but the story is completely fake)

I realize that, but he's deleted the scan from the host site so it's not there any more. :(

It is very weird and almost supports the ideas floating around that this was a real story and the "it's a joke!" was made up to deflect potential criticism.

It is very weird and almost supports the ideas floating around that this was a real story and the "it's a joke!" was made up to deflect potential criticism.

Personally, that's what I believe. I think he really did buy it from some old lady and is backtracking saying it wasn't true.

The sharpest tool in the Columbia shed he is not.