• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I received an interesting phone call last week...

495 posts in this topic

Well, it is unlikely anyone will share a story like this again any time soon....

I think this is exactly what it is.... A story.

:popcorn:

^^

So yes, its official that Queen Elizabeth sold us the book.

In case anyone needs clarification, the story is a hoax, as I'm sure many suspected anyways.

The book, however, is very real. It also was sold prior to starting this post so those that think I was fishing for offers would be incorrect.

A few points then we can continue with our Wednesday until something happens on Friday:

1) if I did ever acquire a book such as a Tec 31 in the manner described, I would absolutely share in the profits with any unsuspecting seller. While it is certainly not my job to educate sellers, I do feel it would be the right and ethical thing by sharing some of the extra "meat" as some have said.

2) the reason I posted my story was to have a bit of fun with the book...and get a few people all riled up on a Wednesday. It worked...as I knew the "you ripped off an old lady" hawkers would come out in force.

3) I did not see this turning into a "Bash Chip" thread; I think its wrong and should stop. If you don't care for him, me or anyone else, just avoid and don't do business with them.

Some may be angered over this, but it wasn't an attempt to make anyone truly angry. Just some nice ribbing on a Wednesday afternoon.

Carry on....

I read 20 pages to find this? rantrant

Well, it is unlikely anyone will share a story like this again any time soon....

^^

In case anyone needs clarification, the story is a hoax, as I'm sure many suspected anyways.

The book, however, is very real. It also was sold prior to starting this post so those that think I was fishing for offers would be incorrect.

A few points then we can continue with our Wednesday until something happens on Friday:

1) if I did ever acquire a book such as a Tec 31 in the manner described, I would absolutely share in the profits with any unsuspecting seller. While it is certainly not my job to educate sellers, I do feel it would be the right and ethical thing by sharing some of the extra "meat" as some have said.

2) the reason I posted my story was to have a bit of fun with the book...and get a few people all riled up on a Wednesday. It worked...as I knew the "you ripped off an old lady" hawkers would come out in force.

3) I did not see this turning into a "Bash Chip" thread; I think its wrong and should stop. If you don't care for him, me or anyone else, just avoid and don't do business with them.

Some may be angered over this, but it wasn't an attempt to make anyone truly angry. Just some nice ribbing on a Wednesday afternoon.

Carry on....

I won.

:acclaim:

^^

Carry on....

Exactly how I felt too.

Either he's really trying to pull our legs or he's weaselling his way out.

Regardless, this has backfired to the OP