• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I received an interesting phone call last week...

495 posts in this topic

20 books and didn't notice a top 10 GA book until you got home. yea, right.

+1 how do you miss a big key (shrug)

If it was at the bottom... Since the covers were completely split, it could've been attached to the comic above it... An error...

Stuff happens, especially with books that have loose covers.

20 books and didn't notice a top 10 GA book until you got home. yea, right.

+ 1

Laid out $1500 but was unsure because he didn't have the time to be thourough looking through one lousy box of comics?

Better story this way.

Something like that happened to me with a collection I bought in the early 90's. Sweet older couple, had some medical bills. They set the price and I thought I overpaid for 5 long boxes of what was (at the time) pretty common Bronze Age marvels. Then nestled in the X-men reprints were 2 copies of X-men #1.

Man were they surprised to see me back at their door after I sold those two books with cash in hand (1/2 the proceeds from those two books) to give them. It really helped them out and they were totally floored. lol That really made a good collection find story into a GREAT one.

Something like that happened to me with a collection I bought in the early 90's. Sweet older couple, had some medical bills. They set the price and I thought I overpaid for 5 long boxes of what was (at the time) pretty common Bronze Age marvels. Then nestled in the X-men reprints were 2 copies of X-men #1.

Man were they surprised to see me back at their door after I sold those two books with cash in hand (1/2 the proceeds from those two books) to give them. It really helped them out and they were totally floored. lol That really made a good collection find story into a GREAT one.

:cloud9:(worship):applause:

It's nice that you were in a position to do that.

What people don't get around here is that some of us are not in that kind of position at all.

Congrats, Brock!

Peace,

Chip

What people don't get around here is that some of us are not in that kind of position at all.

Congrats, Brock!

Peace,

Chip

In a position to do what? :popcorn: Give some money back to an old couple that unknowingly sold something worth a lot more than they expected out of necessity. Yeah, having integrity and honor is definitely a position held by some and not by others. (thumbs u

Congrats, Brock!

Peace,

Chip

Well, in my case, it was found money. I bought books given what I saw and got a lotto ticket out of it that was unforeseen.

There was MORE than enough to go around. I made money, they made money.

I don't think I was in a position any different than anyone else, in that it was a windfall.

:applause:

Congrats, Brock!

Peace,

Chip

To share profits you mean?

Congrats, Brock!

Peace,

Chip

:popcorn:

Congrats, Brock!

Peace,

Chip

In a position to do what? :popcorn: Give some money back to an old couple that unknowingly sold something worth a lot more than they expected out of necessity. Yeah, having integrity and honor is definitely a position held by some and not by others. (thumbs u

^^

:applause:

A big +1

(worship)