• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I received an interesting phone call last week...

495 posts in this topic

And I am interested to hear what Brock does, as I have a hunch he may be giving back to the woman. I wanna believe he is going to do the honrable thing here.

Can you imagine her reaction? It would be so heartwarming.

That's something you wouldn't trade for all of King Midas' Silver™

Comix4fun ended up with the two books by accident, he did not know they were there and when he did, corrected the situation. It does not matter what your situation is, there is no percentage. The fact is before you made that purchase you did NOT have that money. Further, you are a knowledgable collector and have a solid idea as to what the books value is. They have a box of old comics, worth some money. It is not fair negotiating when one of the two does not know the true value of what they are selling.

double (thumbs u

That poor woman..
there are laws to protect the good honest people who are not aware or knowledgable of antiques and collectibles. I know for certain that Auctioneers are controlled under these laws. And there are many cases of fraudulent obtaining (swindling) by knowledgable professionals on their chosen fields that have had cases like these come back to bite them.

I don't know the law regarding comic book dealer purchases (maybe some of the attorneys here can chime in), but unequal bargaining positions and fiduciary responsibilities would seem to come into play.

I'm actually quite curious about this.

How about we don't focus on what's legal.

But I've got a pretty good idea of the outcome already, which is why I say this was a carefully constructed trap. Like honey for flies. Stay tuned for the big reveal later.

lol

This.

And I am interested to hear what Brock does, as I have a hunch he may be giving back to the woman. I wanna believe he is going to do the honrable thing here.

Can you imagine her reaction? It would be so heartwarming.

That's something you wouldn't trade for all of King Midas' Silver™

I really hope he does. I mean really to hear that 1 story of the comic dealer breaking the stereotype. I would love to see a video of that happening.

Did the OP say he was or wasn't going to do something nice for the original owner yet and I missed it? Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions here otherwise.
Actually I would say this is about Chip and his "position" leaving him with the inability to do what's right.

That poor woman..
there are laws to protect the good honest people who are not aware or knowledgable of antiques and collectibles. I know for certain that Auctioneers are controlled under these laws. And there are many cases of fraudulent obtaining (swindling) by knowledgable professionals on their chosen fields that have had cases like these come back to bite them.

I don't know the law regarding comic book dealer purchases (maybe some of the attorneys here can chime in), but unequal bargaining positions and fiduciary responsibilities would seem to come into play.

But I've got a pretty good idea of the outcome already, which is why I say this was a carefully constructed trap. Like honey for flies. Stay tuned for the big reveal later.

lol

This.

c7e72.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Did the OP say he was or wasn't going to do something nice for the original owner yet and I missed it? Seems like a lot of jumping to conclusions here otherwise.

Welcome to the Boards!

That poor woman..

lol

This.

c7e72.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Never.

50/50 on a lock though and your reign bores me.

Actually I would say this is about Chip and his "position" leaving him with the inability to do what's right.

True, no one's said anything about Brock at all. No one's said he's going to keep all the proceeds or that he should other than Chip. So the discussion grew out of that very interesting character revelation.

True, no one's said anything about Brock at all. No one's said he's going to keep all the proceeds or that he should other than Chip. So the discussion grew out of that very interesting character revelation.

oh, well that's what i get for skimming 15 pages.