• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Other publisher titles to read?

46 posts in this topic

Off the top of my head I'd say check out Brubaker's Image titles such as Fatale (crime noir), and Velvet (more of a spy thriller) and Criminal on Icon. Also on Icon is Powers, a police procedural that uses supervillians and superheros as the perps. A Voice in the Dark is another crime/drama that is being relaunched next Wednesday and would be a good jumping-on point. Nailbiter is another new series about a serial killer along the lines of Hannibal Lecter, but I'm not current on that comic.

Brubaker and Phillips have already been recommended so...

I'm reading a book called San Hannibal that, so far, has been interesting.

Outside of crime books... some of my other favorite titles are Manhattan Projects, Prophet, Lazarus, Zero, and Satellite Sam.

Oh... for crime books, you may want to give United States of Murder a shot. It's still early in the series, but it is an alternate history book about the mafia. At least, so far... Fuse is also another book that covers it from the other side, it is a crime procedural set in a space station. They're just out of their first arc.

Since you mention crime, I recommend Thief of Thieves (also from Image, with concepts created by Kirkman himself). It's by definition a bit lighter than Walking Dead, but I like the characters and dialogue a lot, and there are some fun twists along the way.

One of the best books being released and not enough people are reading!

I agree - I'm just :baiting: because it's a hard book to define

I know you do. :grin: I'm just making a general statement. I'm worried that if it continues with small readership, the plug will be pulled on the series. :cry:

Off the top of my head I'd say check out Brubaker's Image titles such as Fatale (crime noir), and Velvet (more of a spy thriller) and Criminal on Icon. Also on Icon is Powers, a police procedural that uses supervillians and superheros as the perps. A Voice in the Dark is another crime/drama that is being relaunched next Wednesday and would be a good jumping-on point. Nailbiter is another new series about a serial killer along the lines of Hannibal Lecter, but I'm not current on that comic.
+1

I highly recommend reading Valiant. No crime books but man, that shared universe is kicking straight butt these days!

Cant say enough as to how much these guys are rolling right now

Seconded. And the best part is, right now you can check out the first couple of arcs of almost all of their books for next to nothing (if you choose) with their Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?utm_source=COMICS+PRESS&utm_campaign=b1756bbfee-LETTERED+PREVIEW%3A+HARBINGER+%231&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80feef14a5-b1756bbfee-43881157

Seriously, everyone who is into superhero books should check these out. Fred Van Lente just wrapped up his run on Archer & Armstrong and it's one of my favorite comic runs.