• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops in Calgary

11 posts in this topic

I'm just reaching out to fellow boardies for some recommendations of comic shops in the Calgary area... I'm in the area for about 10 days starting next week, and have some substantial downtime between meetings.

Ideally, I'm looking for the kind of place with thousands of back issues to comb through searching for hidden treasure... Bronze and Copper are my main area, but I'm happy hunting through anything...

Any suggestions?

I'm also in the Red Deer area for a couple of days, and assume that Amazing Fantasy is the pace to look there...

Thanks in advance!

Lots of luck with the hidden treasure part!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of nice shops here and easy directions on google

The flee market on blackfoot trail (crossroads) has stacks of long boxes that would take days to look through but the guy comes across like a crook most of the time

Happy Hunting :)

Bring a jacket it snowed last week

Thanks gyro!

Is that the Heritage Flea Market?

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=crossroads+flea+market+calgary

Good food to on sat and sun

======

found this

Purple Gorilla Comics has been providing all your comic book needs since 2008. In June 2010, we moved to the Crossroads Market where we have THREE booths worth of comics for you to dig through!

Mike from Purple Gorilla is an Overstreet Advisor. Decent guy, lots of back stock but mostly 80's to recent. Another Dimension has tons of back stock and if you like digging through 3 dollar boxes. Phoenix Comics on 17th should do the trick. Words and Pictures on Edmonton Trail pretty cool as well. Amazing Fantasy in Red Deer is the only deal in town.

You've got some good advice about comic stores but if you can make some time to visit Banff National Park. It's only an hour from Calgary by car and it's spectacular.

If you collect Timelys there are couple Calgary boardies with amazing collections and some undercopies that are likely for sale.

Thanks to all for the great advice - I really appreciate it, and will check some of these places out.

And special thanks to human torch for underlining that as awesome as this hobby is, there's a lot of other amazing stuff to see out there.

I have an office in Calgary, and spend a lot of time in Alberta - including Banff! - but this is the first time I've had the time/schedule to explore the four-colour side of the city...

I've only been to Another Dimension. They have a ton of variety from books to action figures. They mostly have moderns.

Used to be my old haunt every weekend when I was in Calgary. AD store is a great place to see lots of action figures displayed in cases and cabinets! Yes, lot of moderns but does have plenty of GNs and TPBs on shelves.

Phoenix Comics is great with lots of cheap $1 comics to find, lots of GNs and TPBs as well as manga books. I went there once in a awhile for cheap deals. There are 2 locations but I stick one in the SW area.

Another Dimension is great for newer stuff, and definitely worth a visit to see all of their Sideshow Collectibles on display. They are also one of the few Calgary stores to carry E.Gerber supplies, which I use.

I'm always on the hunt for TMNT books, which seem to be more and more scarce here. So if anyone knows a good Calgary boardie who also collects TMNT, I'd love to meet them.