• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Grade my Captain America #100 (hope this works)

31 posts in this topic

Thanks for the replies so far. Yup, I like the white front cover. I ran a blacklight over the covers to make sure there weren't any color descrepancies (like color touch ups).

On another topic, how does one get a comic graded by CGC? Do I need to give it to a CGC verified member to send in for me? Sorry about the dumb questions, but I'm more of a sportscard collector and just getting back into comics after a long hiatus.

This board is great!!!

Brian

Your cheapest option is to sign up for Collectors Society . You get 3 "free" submissions at the Express tier which will be about a months time in turnaround. It costs 99 dollars, but if you compare that to the Economy tier.. you COULD pay 29 dollars for the Economy grading tier but with that you'd have to wait 3-4 months..

Off-center staples have little to no effect on the grade, unless they're much further into the book, yours are just slightly off.

Brian

9.0/9.2 as far as I can tell... that spine is a tad ragged, but nothing to severe.

Those Whites are really sweet.

Wow.. I do so love a nice white cover.

And was your Black light a UV light?.. if not it would not really show the CT that well.

Hey...btw

If your a card guy.. how did you land this comic?

Did you trade a Kobe rookie card or something?

You keeping it stored correctly I hope..? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

Ze-

Yup, it was a UV light that I got to detect color touch ups on baseball cards. Thought it might be good for comics as well.

My wife got the comic for me. She knew I wanted to get back into Silver age/Golden Age comics again.

Right now it's just in a sleeve/board combo. Do I need to get archival plastic cover for it and if so, where can I pick them up.

Again, you guys are way too cool with all the comments and help!!

Best regards,

Brian

forgive my ignorance, but who is the blonde in the green outfit carrying the VERY big gun on the cover????????

and after looking at the book again, i'm thinking maybe a 9.2 - other than a couple of spine nicks, i can't find much else wrong with this book................and big scans always exacerbate even the most minor defects.......am curious as to what ucla sees that brings this down to an 8.0......... .

forgive my ignorance, but who is the blonde in the green outfit carrying the VERY big gun on the cover????????

Cap love interest Agent 13 of S.H.I.E.L.D. also known as Sharon Carter.

And apparently she liked her guns just like her men....large!!! or so I was thinking, it's not like I'd really personally know that kind of thing. Who knows if a super-soldier serum works like steroids and makes some muscles bigger and maybe another one smaller wink.gif So maybe she overcompensates by having a "big gun". laugh.gif

Cap love interest Agent 13 of S.H.I.E.L.D. also known as Sharon Carter.

And apparently she liked her guns just like her men....large!!! or so I was thinking, it's not like I'd really personally know that kind of thing. Who knows if a super-soldier serum works like steroids and makes some muscles bigger and maybe another one smaller wink.gif So maybe she overcompensates by having a "big gun". laugh.gif

Are you saying that Cap doesn't have a big gun?!? 893whatthe.gif Blasphemy! sumo.gif

Are you saying that Cap doesn't have a big gun?!? 893whatthe.gif Blasphemy! sumo.gif

Hey, If anyone can get by with less...Cap would be one to do it....er, pull it off....er Git r Done...oh whatever. Also, how many years was he in that ice block? Thats a lot of shrinkage. 893whatthe.gif

Sorry to get off track. Sweet book bghkoyama