• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking to trade away my NM 9.8, any advice.

19 posts in this topic

Yea, I could sell it off and buy what I'm looking for; an (ASM 129), but that's not any fun. I miss the whole trading aspect of it . eBay is just a reference for me and the other site I frequent often as well usually just doesn't have the population/attention I'm looking for like this great site/community.

Is my best bet (besides cons and my LCS) or maybe the new thread: trading/swapping" that was put together one here somewhere to find what I'm looking for?

I didn't really c the book I'm after in there.

Basically, I wanna trade a freakin comic book for another book I'm more into at the moment.

NM 98 CGC 9.8

for

ASM 129 CGC 8.5-9.0 White Pages

Is that a good deal?

Yea, I could sell it off and buy what I'm looking for; an (ASM 129), but that's not any fun. I miss the whole trading aspect of it . eBay is just a reference for me and the other site I frequent often as well usually just doesn't have the population/attention I'm looking for like this great site/community.

Is my best bet (besides cons and my LCS) or maybe the new thread: trading/swapping" that was put together one here somewhere to find what I'm looking for?

I didn't really c the book I'm after in there.

Basically, I wanna trade a freakin comic book for another book I'm more into at the moment.

NM 98 CGC 9.8

for

ASM 129 CGC 8.5-9.0 White Pages

Is that a good deal?

An 8.5 129 is a $600-650 book and a 9.0 is a $750-800 book.

NM98 is spiking right now and you could probably get $800 with a Bin right now if you put it on Ebay maybe more as there was one crazy high sale to a very low feedback buyer for much more than that.

in trading a hot book that's getting hotter, for a stable book, I'd only do the trade with it being slightly in my favor FMV wise.

Personally, I'd sell the NM 98 on ebay, BIN/OBO, with a price above whatever the last sale was for. Then I would buy the highest priced raw ASM 129 I could possibly get with that cash, from a high quality dealer with a good reputation.

Then press and slab the ASM129 myself. that's the best way to maximize your transition from one book to the other IMO.

CBT speaks the truth.

Looks like New Mutants 98 is still trending up in terms of prices.

I remember there was a guy on here that wanted to trade an avengers #1 for a new mutants 98 and $400 cash a few weeks ago. Almost considered it, one of the best decisions i've made. lol

I thought you're a Deadpool fan? :taptaptap::baiting:

Yea...i am and always will be. I like ASM, Hulk, Punisher, and others as well. Deadpool draws me in more than the ithers. Even more than the wife. Nah just kidding.

Awhile back here in town, a friend and i got together to do some trading.He had a couple key books I really liked. ASM 300 9.8 and the other was an ASM 129 9.2 White Pages. He wanted slightly more in trade for the ASM 300, but we were able to close a deal for the 129. Time went on and I sold it because I was in need of $ blah blah...

One of the books I included in the trade was an NM 98 9.8...lol so I think he's doing really well right now considering.

So as I pondered and pondered, I was able to buy and "afford" another NM 98 9.8 for (before it went crazy). Now that it's skyrocketing, I can take an advantage this crazy price increase.

Who knows, if it doesn't work out, I'll just hold it and c how high it gets before opening the door again.