• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylars for Golden Age slabs?

14 posts in this topic

What kind of Mylars do you guys use for your Golden Age sized slabs?

I've purchased slab Mylars from Bill Cole before but they only fit the standard Silver- Modern sized CGC cases.

I'm looking for a thick Mylar with flap that will easily fit over the thicker Golden Age slabs without being ridiculously tight. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any insight! (thumbs u

--CB

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll contact him with my concerns.

To elaborate, my problem is that every time I see CGC Mylars advertised or for sale, they say: "fits CGC slabbed books."

Well great... that assumes that all CGC books are the same size. Obviously, most GA books are slabbed in a larger/thicker case than Silver - Modern. And that's not even taking into consideration the potential of getting one of the oversized GA cases.

When I ordered my last set of CGC Mylars, I could only fit Silver to Modern books in them, so my GA were SOL. I'm looking to avoid that problem.

There's a boardie who is now selling them (I believe he was advertising in the Mixed Age forum a few weeks ago) but I can't remember who it was.

BCE sells 2 sizes of 2 mil arklites for CGC books. One for regular CGC holders (cat # 237) and one for golden age (cat # 238). You want 238. I use 238 for all my CGC slabs. There's a little extra Mylar for regular and GA fits perfect. Expensive, but the protection and clarity is awesome. Helps to get on mailing list, use discount codes, and and buy in bulk. Hope this helps ...

There's a boardie who is now selling them (I believe he was advertising in the Mixed Age forum a few weeks ago) but I can't remember who it was.

Youmechoose

The CGC mylars he sells fit all sizes even the thicker golden aged slabs.

I use the 3 mil Graded Comic Sleeves with the resealable flaps

from BAGS Unlimited. They come in two (2) sizes for $17.75 for

fifty sleeves.

mm

I too have been thinking recently about putting all my slabs in some kind of sleeve as they arent yet...I would like something tighter with not much if at all overhang on the sides...snug as a bug in a rug I would say...Marty I would be intrigued at what a slab looks like in the 3 mil with the resealable flap...this thread needs pics :wishluck::) anyone else who can post with pics as well would be much appreciated

fifty sleeves.

mm

I too have been thinking recently about putting all my slabs in some kind of sleeve as they arent yet...I would like something tighter with not much if at all overhang on the sides...snug as a bug in a rug I would say...Marty I would be intrigued at what a slab looks like in the 3 mil with the resealable flap...this thread needs pics :wishluck::) anyone else who can post with pics as well would be much appreciated

Don't know if you can tell too much with this scan, but they do fit really tight.

15368070241_a81c318be5.jpg

mm

fifty sleeves.

mm

Don't know if you can tell too much with this scan, but they do fit really tight.

15368070241_a81c318be5.jpg

mm

good stuff thank you good sir!!! (thumbs u