• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st post!! New Mutants 98

7 posts in this topic

I finally got a chance to look through my old comic books at my folks house up north, and came across this one. I was pretty sure I had it but had no idea what condition I left it in. The only flaw I see is the small bind tick (I don't know if that's what it is called?) near the middle. It quite frankly is not very noticeable in person, but the scan makes it worse I guess. I am glad it had little value when I was more into collecting, because I would have gladly traded it for something else at the time.lol. Is this worth getting graded? Seems like it would be. Hopefully the link works

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/chadsdsmith/IMG_20140924_0003_zpsb67a982b.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/chadsdsmith/IMG_20140924_0004_zps0e272e3f.jpg

Yes, it does look slab worthy. As the forum says you cannot really grade books from pictures, but the one color breaking spine crimp is all I can see wrong. It appears to be NM or better. At that grade the book slabbed averages selling in the $250 range.

I would suggest requesting having the book shipped back to you by UPS. While it is only insured for $100, losses are rare and return shipping via registered mail would cost $30

Welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

I think probably 9.6 with small chance of 9.8.

As far as value goes, I am not a fan of putting a big money into moderns. However, Deadpool's first appearance has been a fan favorite for years with a steady curve upwards in value. Now that the movie has a solid release date, it seems likely that demand will only increase at least for the 18 months (movie release is set for Feb 12, 2016). If the movie is any good lots of new people will be introduced to the character and likely some more fans. If the movie sucks - well - comic book collectors likely will still love the character.

I certainly wouldn't sell this book JUST because you think the value will plummet soon. If it doesn't have great sentimental or collector value to it, neither would I be concerned about selling it in the next couple of months. If you bought it at cover price you have an astounding return coming.