• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does Anyone Have a Comment About This Gem?

76 posts in this topic

That friend for life comment reminds me of the old 'some of my best friends are black'

Some of my best friends are white. :D

1381943727_26-you-youre-good-facebook-cover.jpg

I have always thought the book overlooked. Ought to be worth more. Guides for $18

With recent political events, the name does seem somewhat ironic. But then the Egyptian goddess Isis dates back about 4500 years. ISIS is actually an acronym for the terrorist group's name - Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (or also ISIL - Islamic State of Iraq and Levant). Neither the comic book character's name nor the goddess is spelled with all caps - it's just that every comic cover title in the world is done in all caps.

Isis is one of those less common characters that first appeared elsewhere and then moved to comics. Isis first appeared on the Shazam! Isis Hour starting in 1975. The character in the comic (Andrea Thomas) was the same character in the TV show played by Joanna Cameron.

She had great legs..... :cloud9:

I have always thought the book overlooked. Ought to be worth more. Guides for $18

With recent political events, the name does seem somewhat ironic. But then the Egyptian goddess Isis dates back about 4500 years. ISIS is actually an acronym for the terrorist group's name - Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (or also ISIL - Islamic State of Iraq and Levant). Neither the comic book character's name nor the goddess is spelled with all caps - it's just that every comic cover title in the world is done in all caps.

Isis is one of those less common characters that first appeared elsewhere and then moved to comics. Isis first appeared on the Shazam! Isis Hour starting in 1975. The character in the comic (Andrea Thomas) was the same character in the TV show played by Joanna Cameron.

That show is the only reason I remember that comic character. :cloud9:

For the rest of you guys...

What year is that?

Guessing mid-seventies

That would be a good guess. I had both Isis #1 ( and it is ironic ) and Shazam #1. I'd forgotten about Ayds. My grandmother tried them but not for long. They looked yummy like little chocolate caramels but we were never allowed to try one. Probably because I weighed about 60 pounds soaking wet even though I ate a jar of peanut butter a day.

hm

I wonder if I could market peanut butter as a diet food. :idea:

Anyway, I used to watch Isis and Shazam back to back every Saturday morning good times and much needed light entertainment. Friday nights were stressful with The Six Million Dollar man fighting Sasquatch and Carl Kolchak pouring salt in a zombie's mouth and sewing it shut. :o

Friday after the Night Stalker was like :fear:

Yes she did. :applause:

Yep I noticed Ayds didn't stop women from gobbling other stuff. Like the ones you see in the supermarket buying chips, hostess, ice cream, and LOW FAT MILK. Yeah that'll do it.

Sounds like a man who knows where to find the BBWs

:cloud9:

Ahhhhhh....Yessssss.."Thick and Juicy"!