• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

when counting pages of a comic book do you also count the covers?

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was wondering if you have a comic does the cover count as the number of pages also?

for example I have a superman 47 with 48 pages and the info says I should have 52 meaning if I had the cover it would be a page count of 52 right?

That is correct a front and back cover would count as 4 pages.

thanks then that means my sups 47 is complete, but my asm 7 has 33 pages without out the covers and it's supposed to have 36 so what's going on there?

I was going to suggest that you compare your book to the actual story index on comics.org (which is the site I assume you're using) but it hasn't been indexed.

cool I never heard of that website thanks :)

I worked for the webpress printing for two years. They printed mainly magazines. 22 x 34 sheet (16 pages on one side) will be folded in four ways before cutting all edges. Page numbers are not in order but it will be in the page order when collaging with other wraps.

It is always in even pages. If it goes in odd pages that will be the manufacturing error that will be destroyed if discovered before it is distributing.

It is always in even pages. If it goes in odd pages that will be the manufacturing error that will be destroyed if discovered before it is distributing.

I may be missing something ( have to think back 30ish years to my time in 4-color pre-press) but I cannot see how an odd number of pages can exist. Not talking about page numbering (like one page blank) but an actual page number count, since one page has to equal 2 pages (front and back).

This is the best place for page counts for GA superhero books

GA books counted the covers, but you can double check all the weird page counts here.

http://www.twomorrows.com/alterego/media/Golden%20Age%20Index.pdf

Silverage books (except giants) all have 8 pieces of paper at each side of the center staple.

2 sides to each piece of paper equal the 36

There were some DCs in the 50's that had 10 at each side of the staple and a few that mimicked the odd page counts of the mid 40's, but it's late and I don't remember which ones. I think the year was only 1952.