• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the New Mutants 98 bubble burst?
1 1

1,121 posts in this topic

One of my 7-year old's favorite comic characters. Kids like him. He aint going anywhere haters...

I work in multiple schools, and yes, little kids (big kids too) love Deadpool. Pre-teens think he so cool, teens relate to his humor, older guys and gals think he cool because he just doesn't give a poo poo. Yes, buying now is silly, but Deadpool will be around a long time. Like all movie hype books, it will go up, level a bit, then go down a bit. Will a NM98 in 9.8 always be in demand- Yup! Will fans and comic lovers always want to have a copy- Yup! Are there many many copies of it- Yup! Do I like Deadpool- Yup!

Makes perfect sense: I am sure the kiddies love Deadpool, especially the older bunches because of his "flippant" attitude. I am also sure he is adequately preparing the future of tomorrow with lessons I am confident we all want them to learn. Oh how bright a future we all have...

i agree with SpideyFein and Aggiez !

the big 6 seem to be

Superman

Batman

Spider-man

Wolverine

Harley Quinn

Deadpool

honorable mention for Hulk.

Yeah, I apologize. There is no way I can take that list seriously.

Not sure what the list is for. Overall populatiry? Then I might disagree with a few. Harley, maybe for the cosplayers, but not overall. You have to add Iron Man and Captain America to the list. I think kids think Deadpool is cool, but if you asked 1,000,000 of them to name their Top 5 favorite superhero characters, I'd be surprised if Deadpool shows up on 10 lists.

Batman

Spider-man

Wolverine

Hulk

Iron Man

Captain America

One of my boy's favorites, but he'd list off the above characters before getting to Deadpool...and Superman isn't on the radar. Heck, after GOTG, Starlord, Rocket Racoon and Groot are more popular with him than Superman.

I consider Deadpool to be a different generations Wolverine. There are plenty of Hulk 181's around and the price of that book continues to escalate.

Ask my fellow vendors up here in Canada what books they sell the most of right now and they will say Deadpool.

Deadpool is very popular and the value of NM 98 will continue to rise.

I see the bubble bursting sometime after the movie. I'm a huge Deadpool fan, his current series is amazing, and imo even better than Kelly's run. It shows the serious side of DP. I'm really tempted to sell my 9.6 as I paid $190 for it on FCBD 2013. Or I could sell my VG/FN reader copy. I personally Deadpool because he doesn't care if he kills people. He is an awesome Anti-Hero. He is the main reason I got into comics. And I think he is a good gate way for other people who may have never picked up a comic book otherwise. But dont read the 2008 run. Just an fyi.

-Kystix

I just picked up a VF - 7/7.5 copy for a great deal 2 days before the movie was announced, so great timing for once.

I'm somewhat new to flipping books with Movie Speculation.

I don't expect a VF to command too much of a premium due to the condition obviously but I have 2 questions I hope some of you more experienced guys can answer.

1. If you were to sell a NM #98 in VF what would be your asking price?

2. When would be the best time to sell a VF copy of NM #98 in order to maximize the return?

Thanks guys!

I just picked up a VF - 7/7.5 copy for a great deal 2 days before the movie was announced, so great timing for once.

I'm somewhat new to flipping books with Movie Speculation.

I don't expect a VF to command too much of a premium due to the condition obviously but I have 2 questions I hope some of you more experienced guys can answer.

1. If you were to sell a NM #98 in VF what would be your asking price?

2. When would be the best time to sell a VF copy of NM #98 in order to maximize the return?

Thanks guys!

What venue? On The boards you could try $175 - $200 to see if anyone is buying. I'd go $225 if you are selling on E-Bay.

Now seems like a great time to sell unless you think people will continue to have a hard time getting ahold of the 300,000 or so copies floating around.

$1,000 for a 9.8 s absolutely nuts. That book is so common, that I don't even know what to say about the foolishness. I think RMA owns like 100 copies alone lol

You guys are all approaching this from the wrong angle!

Yes, everybody already knows that this book is as common as dirt with thousands of copies already graded in CGC 9.6 or 9.8 condition, yet super rare and impossible to get in CGC 2.0 or lower. :gossip:

That's where the big money should really be going! doh!

The problem is that it's hard to tell whether a book is 2.0 because it's a rare example of a book somebody actually read and enjoyed during its original release or if it's one of the millions that were put into mylars in perfect condition that have been taken out trecently and manipulated by professional comic abusers to look as if they were read.

I would say that Deadpool and Harley are both more popular than superman these days.

For that matter, in the United States – and only there – Mario Bros (or Sonic, later on) was already more popular than Mickey Mouse in the late 1980s and in the 1990s.

Nothing surprises me anymore about the superficial attitude towards entertainment which large firms seems to nurture.

I personally Deadpool because he doesn't care if he kills people. He is an awesome Anti-Hero. He is the main reason I got into comics. And I think he is a good gate way for other people who may have never picked up a comic book otherwise. But dont read the 2008 run. Just an fyi.

-Kystix

See? You don’t even need verbs, or any grammar anymore with Deadpool. And he kills people. What do you want more? lol

:tonofbricks:

When will the NM98 bubble burst? Easy question, It'll burst tomorrow, ASM 300 bubble will burst 3 weeks from now also in case anyone is wondering.

The not negligible difference is that ASM #300 is actually a good story, worth having. :D

yep. One is drek and the other isn't 2c