• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the New Mutants 98 bubble burst?
1 1

1,121 posts in this topic

I think most popular 6 characters are

1. Spider-Man

2. Batman

3. Wolverine

4. Superman

5. Iron Man

6. Hulk

maybe I'm behind the times, but obviously when films come out there's a little burst for the particular character.

I think a 9.8 NM for $1500 is ridiculous, get yourself a mid grade 60's key for that, lol.

I would say that Deadpool and Harley are both more popular than superman these days.

For that matter, in the United States – and only there – Mario Bros (or Sonic, later on) was already more popular than Mickey Mouse in the late 1980s and in the 1990s.

Does that mean all of those pre-Valiant Mario Bros. comic books from the very early 90's are worth as much as NM 98? Or how about the Star Trek Next Generation comics from DC since they have had a series of successful movies based upon these characters already?

Or is the irrational exuberance and insanity limited only to the Marvel related books such as NM 98 where there are absolute thousands of uber HG copies already graded and probably tens of thousands more sitting in private collections still to be graded. hmlol

I would say that Deadpool and Harley are both more popular than superman these days.

For that matter, in the United States – and only there – Mario Bros (or Sonic, later on) was already more popular than Mickey Mouse in the late 1980s and in the 1990s.

Does that mean all of those pre-Valiant Mario Bros. comic books

1st app is Blip #1 :gossip:

Screenshot of the census for NM98:

holy hell!

Not to get too far off-topic here, but here are some other books that might interest you:

X-Force 1: 137 graded copies

X-Force 2: 285 copies

X-Force 11: 139 copies

Batman Adventures 12: 819 copies

Superman Adventures 5: 41 copies

I won't be surprised if the numbers for NM98 in the census jump another 2,000 in a year or less. This book will likely hit $2K and depending on how the movie does, who knows...

Crazy times in the world of comic books.

Edited by Designer Toast

I won't be surprised if the numbers for NM98 in the census jump another 2,000 in a year or less. This book will likely hit $2K and depending on how the movie does, who knows...

Crazy times in the world of comic books.

:facepalm:

Two weeks ago I saw a long-box full of NM 98s, easily over half of them appeared to be 9.8 candidates.

Conservatively, it wouldn't surprise me if the census hits over 5,000 copies in 9.6 or better in the next 2-3 months...

No one can predict the future obviously, but I don't think I'm going very far out on a limb here buy saying that will absolutely NOT happen, and it won't even come remotely close to happening.

-J.

We will be having the same discussion about X-Force 2 when that one continues to go up and up. If a X-Force 2 CGC 9.8 hits $200 then we will really see a new high of books submitted for a book. Think about how many X-Force 2s are sitting in long boxes in the world.

We will be having the same discussion about X-Force 2 when that one continues to go up and up. If a X-Force 2 CGC 9.8 hits $200 then we will really see a new high of books submitted for a book. Think about how many X-Force 2s are sitting in long boxes in the world.

I bought 7 copies at the small show without a hesitation. It was from $1 bin and showed him all copies. He asked five dollars that saved me $2. That was last Saturday.

I checked all to see what condition they are in. Surprisedly they are unread mint condition. I will submit them and expect 9.8s. I would make $1400 easily.

I will include NM #98.

Nice timing for me before the bubble bursts but I don't see that will come soon.

Surprisedly they are unread mint condition. I will submit them and expect 9.8s.

I'm sure there will be hundreds of stories of "wow, they didn't care about X-Force 2, I got it so cheap!" Anyone know the print run?

X-Force 1 with the Deadpool card seems to be caught up in the silliness as well. Someone sent me a link to an auction where two fools paid $30 for a copy:

Ebay

I saw somewhere that there were about 966,000 copies of X-Force 1 printed. Even if you include a generous 2nd print run, there are at least 161,000 copies (966,000/6) of the Deadpool card. I wouldn't be surprised if the person bidding has a long box himself.

I've changed my mind, Deadpool has Beanie Babies written all over it.

Surprisedly they are unread mint condition. I will submit them and expect 9.8s.

I'm sure there will be hundreds of stories of "wow, they didn't care about X-Force 2, I got it so cheap!" Anyone know the print run?

X-Force 1 with the Deadpool card seems to be caught up in the silliness as well. Someone sent me a link to an auction where two fools paid $30 for a copy:

Ebay

I saw somewhere that there were about 966,000 copies of X-Force 1 printed. Even if you include a generous 2nd print run, there are at least 161,000 copies (966,000/6) of the Deadpool card. I wouldn't be surprised if the person bidding has a long box himself.

I've changed my mind, Deadpool has Beanie Babies written all over it.

While I don't disagree on the X-force thing, Deadpool is by far the most popular character among the young crowd. Deadpool costumes abound at shows and some entire stores are funded by Deadpool sales. It's Wolverine all over again.

If the movie stinks much like ASM2, would you still want to pay these prices?

did you see Days of Future Past?

Its freakishly mind blowingly good.. had the same exact movie been put out by Mickey Mouse with a disney name, it would have earned 2billion.. its sad so many disney fanboys still haven't seen this film.. easily the best comic movie ever made by a HUGE MARGIN..

strange too, the x-men days boycott seems exclusively american, as days of future past earned most of its record breaking total Internationally.

My point is I don't think Deadpool will have any problems being compelling, entertaining and loads of fun to watch..

If I was a mickey mouse fanboy now, Id be worried that noone seems to care about Gaurdians anymore.. or never really did..

Rocket Racoon isnt a household name. little boys arent flooding playgrounds with rocket racoon toys as disney fanboys here predicted..

the kids went back to Wolverine And Deadpool

this is a serious problem for Marvel Disney in the long run and to ignore or simply write off the fact that Marvel Disney has NO modern icons that folks collect EVERYTHING of. ok there is HULK but not much there to really collect.

Guadrians has come and gone, all those first appearances are plummeting while Deadpool and Wolverine skyrocket..

I really hope they base the Movie off of Deadpool kills MArvel universe because that is how I feel Deisney is treating my beloved heroes, as cash cows, when ronan was killed (hes immortal btw) o realized that Disney was using marvel as a cash cow and will continue to pump out mediocre ok popcorn flicks making characters like Groot that are nothing like the books..

MAKE MINE FOX