• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found the perfect Ironman for the Big Screen after watching Aviator.

13 posts in this topic

It may be that I'm getting more ancient by the minute, but Leo still looks about 15 years old. But I like the left field nature of casting him in Iron Man. Anyone but Tom Cruise!

If you haven' t seen the movie I think you will think different. Especially during the later parts of the movie when the character Howard Huges is older and testifying in front of the Brewster Senate committee. Btw, I think Tom Cruise would also do well in the role as Tony Stark, but I would give the nod to Leo.

I agree with you Red Hook! Leonardo looks like a baby...I recall during the TTA series that Tony wasn't "young." I recall an interview in CBG (I think) many, many years ago when Stan drew some parallels between Tony S and Howard H.

For all you board members, I had advance screening tickets for the Aviator two weeks ago and was duly impressed! It really is a good movie. It makes Troy and Alexander (both ho-hum at best in terms of acting and presentation of subject matter) look like B-movies with C list actors (is there such a thing as a "c" list actor?).

Chromium, nice scan of Tom Cruise...now to get my wife to think that's what Tom Cruise really looks like!

I agree with you Red Hook! Leonardo looks like a baby...I recall during the TTA series that Tony wasn't "young." I recall an interview in CBG (I think) many, many years ago when Stan drew some parallels between Tony S and Howard H.

For all you board members, I had advance screening tickets for the Aviator two weeks ago and was duly impressed! It really is a good movie. It makes Troy and Alexander (both ho-hum at best in terms of acting and presentation of subject matter) look like B-movies with C list actors (is there such a thing as a "c" list actor?).

Chromium, nice scan of Tom Cruise...now to get my wife to think that's what Tom Cruise really looks like!

Troy was enjoyable, but Alexander just sucked. I was really disappointed with Alexander. frustrated.gif

Troy was enjoyable, but Alexander just sucked. I was really disappointed with Alexander. frustrated.gif

Yes, and I have no idea why these two movies are being grouped together. Alexander was one of the worst movies I have seen in years but Troy was at least enjoyable.

Yes, and I have no idea why these two movies are being grouped together. Alexander was one of the worst movies I have seen in years but Troy was at least enjoyable.

I thought Troy was risibly inept, it's -script so cliche - ridden that it could only be enjoyed on a kitsch level. The acting was equally terrible, although you can't blame Pitt, Bana and co.for coming across as wooden when they were battling not just each other but the lazy direction and dumbed-down story. A Saturday afternoon serial writ large with better battle scenes.

Never saw Alexander. Can't imagine how awful that movie is if it compares badly to Troy.

Sorry folks, I lumped Troy and Alexander together because they really did seem like studio knee jerk reactions to Gladiator. Yes, I admit that Troy was watchable, however much of the garb was historically inaccurate. Those are the little things that irk me to no end when it costs $7.50 to watch it in a theater. (please let's not talk about DVD vs. FILM)...we're getting way OT!

Let's talk about the original post, has anyone found any link between Tony S and Howard H from "the man?"

I thought Troy was risibly inept, it's -script so cliche - ridden that it could only be enjoyed on a kitsch level. The acting was equally terrible, although you can't blame Pitt, Bana and co.for coming across as wooden when they were battling not just each other but the lazy direction and dumbed-down story. A Saturday afternoon serial writ large with better battle scenes.

Never saw Alexander. Can't imagine how awful that movie is if it compares badly to Troy.

Troy could have been a masterpiece and Orlando Bloom would have tanked it anyway. I have seen junior high plays with better actors than him. Now I know why he had so few lines in the LOTR trilogy.