• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Jorge Osorio Mendez THIEF!!

10 posts in this topic

I purchased this piece http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=583932 from the seller, Jorge Osorio Mendez. I had been looking at it in his collection for some time. We had exchanged emails but could never agree to a deal. Finally, after a couple of years, we finally worked it out and I wired the money to him over a month ago. He told me he would send the art FedEx the next day. It has been a month and he has gone completely dark. No response to numerous emails. I have sent at least 20 emails to his CAF address and his personal address but zero response.

I get that things happen and delays occur but to go completely dark immediately after receiving my money for over a month is inexcusable. I reported it to the bank some time ago to reverse it but reversing a wire is almost impossible. I am kicking myself for trusting this person but I have done many transactions and this is the first time I have been burned. Normally, I am pretty careful and this guy had all the indications of being a straight shooter.

If anyone know this person or has any insight, or advice I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks!

Jared

Since you have already gone public by posting here, why not post the image in your own CAF gallery and use the same descriptive title and write up as you did here.

From the looks of his CAF gallery, he is still offering it up for sale. Post a comment. He can only delete the comment if he is a premium member.

Good luck resolving the issue.

Cheers!

N.

I once bought a painting from an art gallery in London. Guys that ran it are from Spain. After paying low 5 figures for a painting, they went silent for months. They finally did send it, but the overall attitude was that I was some crazy American that expected them to drop everything and pack up the painting. I don't think these guys sold another painting in those months they held mine and not sure what else could have been so pressing, but they just took their sweet time and didn't seem to find anything wrong with that. Not sure if this applies in your case though.

Hi Jared,

Sorry to hear about that. I have no advice, but I actually had a transaction with him a few years ago that was problematic. I got my art, but it took him a while to ship. It was poorly packed and the art was slightly damaged. At the time he mentioned personal issues were keeping him busy. He promised to compensate me for the damage but of course I never heard from him again.

Despite that, he still occasionally solicit me to buy his stuff via CAF emails. He clearly forgot our transaction.

Malvin

Minor update. Jorge finally contacted me and I'm sure it's as direct result of my posting here. He states the art has now been sent via FedEx. However it only shows that the art is pending pick up. He claims the delay was due to his spouse being ill. Frankly, I don't believe that excuses zero contact for a month immediately after receiving my money and telling me the art would be sent the next day. To be clear he emailed me every day checking on the status of the wire and was very responsive to me UNTIL I sent the money. I won't believe anything until I have the art in my hands. Malvin, thank you for contacting him and a huge THANK YOU to the rest of you for your advice and kind words. If I do receive the art it will be as a direct result of this site.

Jared

Minor update. Jorge finally contacted me and I'm sure it's as direct result of my posting here. He states the art has now been sent via FedEx. However it only shows that the art is pending pick up. He claims the delay was due to his spouse being ill. Frankly, I don't believe that excuses zero contact for a month immediately after receiving my money and telling me the art would be sent the next day. To be clear he emailed me every day checking on the status of the wire and was very responsive to me UNTIL I sent the money. I won't believe anything until I have the art in my hands. Malvin, thank you for contacting him and a huge THANK YOU to the rest of you for your advice and kind words. If I do receive the art it will be as a direct result of this site.

Jared

Fingers crossed Jared. Let us know if/when you get the art. :wishluck: