• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Non-Refundable Deposit on Paypal

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way to do this on PayPal where A. A person can't file a dispute to get there money back or B. File a dispute stating you never provided the item?

They can gift it to you rather than a transaction for goods / services. (shrug)

Is there a way to do this on PayPal where A. A person can't file a dispute to get there money back or B. File a dispute stating you never provided the item?

They can gift it to you rather than a transaction for goods / services. (shrug)

Paypal has called me when I've gifted money asking if it was a purchase etc etc. Just have the right answers. If it's a purchase, don't lose the protections to save a few points. Unless it's something you shouldn't be selling anyway. There was an issue with that type of business in NYC a couple of years ago that was swept under the rug.

Tricky question. If you take a personal payments, I'd almost word that specifically in an contract/email/whatever so that you can't be forced into a refund if they renege. Word it in a way that makes it sound as if it's not for a direct purchase, but for a down payment in good faith. Carefully wording it in this way might work the grey area for Paypal personal payments. Then follow with an invoice for the balance showing the non-refundable deposit payment.

I dunno - that's probably how I'd approach it, but it's definitely an interesting situation to get around. It probably wouldn't hold up in court, but it would, at least, be something.