• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con -- September 11-13, 2015

148 posts in this topic

I know. The artist I was talking to told me that June would be bad because ComicPalooza and Fan Expo Dallas are back to back in May, and June would be an expensive trip for vendors and artists to make.

Personally I'm biased because I can't go in June, plus it would be really hot. Fall makes more sense for many reasons. The promoters have said they're shooting for September/October so I'm holding them to that. I guess we will find out Saturday.

I personally don't like the June date simply because of the amount of May Texas shows I'll already be attending. Hoping they stay with the fall but ultimately its a business decision on Apple and if it works it works. I do know they are heavy into the construction of that additional wing of the convention center. Realistically I would love a new loading area and parking garage as the one beside the mall is always packed and takes forever to get into. Either way I think San Antonio has really come to love this one as it was completely packed this past year for the exception of Preview night.

I agree. I wish they would have owned Halloween weekend. Imagine a parade ala Dragoncon in the future when the con grows.

Except for one year when it was closer to Thanksgiving, WW Austin has been held at Halloween. I'm sure they wouldn't want to directly compete with a show only a few miles up the road, even with the Austin show declining like it has been.

I'm thinking it will be September 11th - 13th. Let's just say a little birdie told me.

I had posted those dates too, on the last page; they are what Eventbrite had listed. I don't see a problem with those, and they'll avoid the October Irving show nicely. Either way I guess we will know tomorrow (and I can look at booking a flight).

Week after Dragoncon........... at least they avoided Labor day weekend.

I don't know, Labor Day would have been good for travel with Monday off...

I'm not positive, but I think Labor Day weekend is the date for the Amazing Houston Con.

AMAZING HOUSTON COMIC CON does indeed take place Labor Day Weekend, Friday through Sunday September 4-5-6.

Personally, from being a vendor for 20+ years at conventions, and then promoting AMAZING COMIC CONVENTIONS for the last 5 years, i like having that travel day, extra time.

Everyone has a different perspective though.

All we can do is put together the best COMIC Con with the best COMIC CREATORS as possible with our events.