• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alamo City Comic Con -- September 11-13, 2015

148 posts in this topic

Well we just figured out that there is a Thursday night preview, good thing my brother downloaded the app. You'd think that they might advertise that a bit more heavily. Wonder if anyone else setting up was unaware of that...
Only because there was one last year... hopefully the organizers will have lanyards this time. :grin:

We didn't do the show last year, and only arrived with about 30 minutes left on Friday, so we weren't clued in. I like preview nights, we may just be scrambling to be set up in time.

For dinner tonight we'll be meeting at Table 325, Monster's Lair, in Hall C right around show close at 8 pm. Weird Paper & THB are right here as well. We're thinking Good Time Charlies for dinner. If you're interested come by and let any of us know, and feel free to buy some books while you're at it!

Great to see folks. Sorry I couldn't stay for dinner. Got some great books today. Haven't found anybody who says they are going to setup at wizard so I'm a little worried about that show.

Highlight of this show was an ASM 50 I picked up from mysterio.

Next show is the eckman one. Maybe we can get together after that one. It's the last one in new braunfels right?

Great to see folks. Sorry I couldn't stay for dinner. Got some great books today. Haven't found anybody who says they are going to setup at wizard so I'm a little worried about that show.

Highlight of this show was an ASM 50 I picked up from mysterio.

Next show is the eckman one. Maybe we can get together after that one. It's the last one in new braunfels right?

It was great to meet you, thanks for stopping by! Glad you're happy with the ASM #50 as well!

Dinner was fun, there ended up being nine of us: me, jaster-mereel, THB (who kindly gave us a ride), Weird Paper, MYNAMEISLEGION, their friend Abel, and Mr and Mrs BubbaGump plus their son. Great food, great conversation, I hope we can do it again next year!

We're up dark and early to get ready for today's selling. If you are coming to the show, make sure to go all the way past artist alley to the far reaches of Hall C, where you'll find a huge selection of great books at Monster's Lair (325), Compton Comics, Weird Paper, and Duncanville Bookstore.

Just got back from Alamo City. I went Friday and today and it was great. Friday had a nice crowd but could not compare to today attendance. It got busy quick. I walked the entire show today and there were people everywhere. It was a good show because of the balance they have between the celebrity that attended as well as the comic talent that was there. I can't wait for Alamo City 2016.