• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's Your Favorite Modern Writer?

53 posts in this topic

BKV - Saga & Private Eye are both top notch

Rucka - Lazarus has been incredible

Fraction - not all his stuff resonates with me (ex: Satellite Sam), but the stuff that does is incredible (ex: Hawkeye, Sex Criminals)

Larime Taylor - Voice in the Dark is remarkable

Brubaker - Fatale, Velvet, Fade Out, all superb.

Fraction - not all his stuff resonates with me (ex: Satellite Sam), but the stuff that does is incredible (ex: Hawkeye, Sex Criminals)

To me BKV best was y last man and runaways.

I was cleaning out some boxes looking for X-force #2 the other night. I couldn't find boxes from those days but I did find a box that had Runaways 1-3, Harley Quinn 1-4, Ex Machina #1 (at least 15 copies), and a bunch of other stuff I thought would never be worth a lot once it didn't take off the first time. Lots of nice surprises. I found some old Wizard magazines and I swear someone is reading what they said would be hot back then and making it so. lol

Ex Machina was my favorite BKV run. Its another book I still buy everytime I find it like I don't have enough. lol

Mine are all pretty obvious ones:

Grant Morrison - yeah, I said it.

Warren Ellis - rarely writes anything that isn't great

Brubaker - the master of his particular genre

Hickman - for his older Image minis and his Fantastic Four run, at least

Ennis - nobody is better at snappy dialogue (except maybe Brubaker)

I was cleaning out some boxes looking for X-force #2 the other night. I couldn't find boxes from those days but I did find a box that had Runaways 1-3, Harley Quinn 1-4, Ex Machina #1 (at least 15 copies), and a bunch of other stuff I thought would never be worth a lot once it didn't take off the first time. Lots of nice surprises. I found some old Wizard magazines and I swear someone is reading what they said would be hot back then and making it so. lol

Ex Machina was my favorite BKV run. Its another book I still buy every time I find it like I don't have enough. lol

Has Ex Machina started taking off? I was reading it in trade a few years ago and really enjoying it. I stopped reading it in trade because I wanted to put together a floppies run since I enjoyed it so much. Prices weren't too bad and I didn't think it'd be too tough. If it has started to go up in price, I'll be disappointed…

Ex Machina was my favorite BKV run. Its another book I still buy every time I find it like I don't have enough. lol

Has Ex Machina started taking off? I was reading it in trade a few years ago and really enjoying it. I stopped reading it in trade because I wanted to put together a floppies run since I enjoyed it so much. Prices weren't too bad and I didn't think it'd be too tough. If it has started to go up in price, I'll be disappointed…

I think it has zero heat. I believe you can usually find #1 for $7 to $10 and the entire set for about a buck each but I buy them anyway. :cloud9:

I think it has zero heat. I believe you can usually find #1 for $7 to $10 and the entire set for about a buck each but I buy them anyway. :cloud9:

+1 love me some Ex Machina, always snatching up #1s. Can't help myself. lol