• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink November Auction - post 'em if you got 'em

154 posts in this topic

There are quite a few books that sold for WAY under GPA ... including most of mine. :cry:
:whee:

Not the ones I'm after.

Just another example of the perceived keys getting all the attention while the common issues continue to drop. Until the movie hype bubble breaks, I can only see this getting worse.

RAD976E72014911_121258.jpg

RAD609292014911_12229.jpg

Two wins won on a knife edge. Other things I wanted went over GPA to my surprise since they were trending down. There are bargains to be had but nothing you could get and easily flip IMO. Anyway, two more down for McFarlane/Spidey series.

That's my addition to this thread for Copper collectors.

Love that Brave and Bold 3 along with the Strange tales. And those High Grade McFarlanes are sweet. I really enjoy seeing what you guys pull down off of these auctions.

I bid on a few things that wound up going higher than I wanted to pay but did notice a lot of non keys going below GPA. I bid on the Jim83 and Batman 227 specifically. I backed down after seeing what is already in the November Auction to make a run at some of those.

I already showed the AV1 and I would like a higher grade but had to start somewhere. The ASM's help fill in some gaps.

RAD8F9C72014923_175335.jpg

RADAB73520141014_12261.jpg

RAD9DDB02014924_9405.jpg

RADAF9282014925_16323.jpg

The Avengers 1 is a nice score. (thumbs u

I will try to be strong and not buy anything new until the November auctions as there are some books I'd like to get my hands on (Clink and Comic Connect).

I will try to be strong and not buy anything new until the November auctions as there are some books I'd like to get my hands on (Clink and Comic Connect).

I haven't really studied the November auctions; partially because I haven't had the time, and partially because I'm quite short on funds. I haven't decided whether to look, or to stay away completely to prevent myself from being tempted to spend money I'd prefer not to.

I haven't really studied the November auctions; partially because I haven't had the time, and partially because I'm quite short on funds. I haven't decided whether to look, or to stay away completely to prevent myself from being tempted to spend money I'd prefer not to.

It's good to have enough strength to stay away from the auctions! (thumbs u

The problem is that I am weak when it comes to comics and I just have to take a peak at what's coming up. :frustrated:

Nah, my story is the one that got away. Been looking for a Teen Titans (Vol.I) #26 for quite some time. Missed out on a couple this past year that popped up but I was either outbid or lack the funds at the time. I saw a 9.6 in this Oct auction ...white pager. My only hang-up was the white spine.

:censored:

Oh well, I still bid aggressively regardless. I checked back periodically on CLink but that white spine just kept buggin' me everytime I looked at the scan of the TT#26

:sick:

I started to wonder if I would get stuck paying a premium for a book I wasn't really in love with.

:eek:

Someone did outbid me toward the final hours and I never thought of countering. Im upset that I missed out on another opportunity to grab this book in HG. But one of the best pieces of advice I learned being on these boards for all these years....

"Buy the book, not the grade."

So the search continues...

:busy:

So less buying this month? Seem to remember a similar trend last year with the post NYCC hangover (for wallets at least)... wonder if things will rebound for the big HA auction coming up.

With Hallowe'en here, Christmas is around the corner, the con season is over and all the auctions houses put one last big push it seems to be a common pattern for the last few years.

So less buying this month? Seem to remember a similar trend last year with the post NYCC hangover (for wallets at least)... wonder if things will rebound for the big HA auction coming up.

With the exception of one book I liked for the price at NYCC, I found a lot of things a bit high on the price side of things. I am not someone that uses GPA as a bible, but when the con price is higher than an eBay price for the same graded book, I tend to put my wallet away.

Since NYCC, I won an ASM 43 9.2 and I have picked up a few pages of art as well as a few other books.

It's good to have enough strength to stay away from the auctions! (thumbs u

The problem is that I am weak when it comes to comics and I just have to take a peak at what's coming up. :frustrated:

I know I'll peek at the auctions, I almost always do. But I'll only be moved to bid, and bid seriously, if its a book that really speaks to me. That's how I ended up with the #23 despite having decided I wasn't buying any more books this year.