• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broken Casing Case

37 posts in this topic

As far as I'm concerned the seller should provide a full refund on top of return shipping so that you're not out of pocket whatsoever. As for all those sellers who cannot be arsed to package properly for their customers, please do not offer your goods for sale.

Note to seller: If packing peanuts do nothing, please inform the companies that make packing peanuts.

Did you contact the sellers before posting this thread here to see what they offer for resolution? That's what I would have done.

So is this the "mycomicshop" packaging or the board member packaging? And this is how the book was sent, with the bubblewrap/comic sandwich just floating around in the box in all that space?

For USPS packages, USPS supplies priority boxes and the USPS-1092 box fits nicely inside the USPS-1095 box so there is really no reason to not double box the book.

when i asked , why you didn't give packing peanuts ? he say it's didn't matter if he use packing peanuts , it will still damaged :(

That's not true. Definitely packaging people may have prevented the cracking of the slab. They are designed to cushion impact.

It's a shame that it happened, especially on the other side of the world. It's the seller's responsibility to make sure the book arrives safely into your hands.

Do you ever ship stuff back to the US? Maybe you can wait until you have to ship something back and ship things back together to save on shipping. Just an idea.

Are packaging people like soylent green?

I read his post as he HAD contacted them before posting :shrug:

Packing peanuts is...PEOPLE!!! :ohnoez:

As far as I'm concerned the seller should provide a full refund on top of return shipping so that you're not out of pocket whatsoever. As for all those sellers who cannot be arsed to package properly for their customers, please do not offer your goods for sale.

:o

A rare Borg sighting!

Those are yellow label cases, and I'm afraid that at least for the one with the big crack, the signature's certification may be voided.

Edit: well, looking again, it's not clear if the one with the really big crack is a yellow label.

If it was an SS book, what makes you think signature certification may be voided due to a crack in the slab?

It can be sent it to be reholdered without fear of losing SS certification. Now if he cracked the book out and took it out of the inner shell without being in the presence of a CGC CAW...

the one with "mycomicshop" packaging are the one i buy from Facebook group , he only use MCS CGC packaging , and write my address outside of it , no bublewrap , no added board , nothing , just a CGC in the package

Just to clarify further. Nothing ariomalv is talking about was shipped by us. Somebody reused a cardboard CGC case we send slabs in, but when we use them they're only the last layer of protection inside of additional packaging. This person used our cardboard case as the only packaging for a shipment, which is not how the cases are intended to be used.

I have bought many slabs from MCS and they have some of the best packaging ever. I don't see anyway a slab could be damaged the way they package books.

hi , just an update , it's been a month since the seller contacted me for asking of USPS tracking for insurance , and after that the seller doesn't reply again , what should i do ? the seller is on this board too :(

thanks

Who is the seller?

hi , just an update , it's been a month since the seller contacted me for asking of USPS tracking for insurance , and after that the seller doesn't reply again , what should i do ? the seller is on this board too :(

thanks

Who is the seller?

+1

:popcorn:

Those are yellow label cases, and I'm afraid that at least for the one with the big crack, the signature's certification may be voided.

Edit: well, looking again, it's not clear if the one with the really big crack is a yellow label.

If it was an SS book, what makes you think signature certification may be voided due to a crack in the slab?

It can be sent it to be reholdered without fear of losing SS certification. Now if he cracked the book out and took it out of the inner shell without being in the presence of a CGC CAW...

It depends on how large the crack is. If it's big enough, CGC might decide it voids the certification.

The crack presented by the OP is almost identical to a book I recieved from Heritage, poorly packaged, non-thinking postal employee decides to pull the box out from under a stack of parcels by picking it up on one end and wall-lah, case cracks, complete and total cross-sectional crack across the case. My concern is when I submit for a re-holder will they think tampering.

thanks

Who is the seller?

+1

:taptaptap:

thanks

Who is the seller?

+1

:busy:

thanks

Who is the seller?

+1

i think the seller read this post , just after i post the update , he reply my mail , but he only say he will look into it , but he don't know when the insurance are given because of international mail

he is "recommended" seller here ( the CGC SS with crack above ) so i will wait a few weeks again , but if he don't reply again ... maybe i'll tell the username here :(

the one with a large crack is the Blue Label CGC not the SS

thanks

Who is the seller?

+1

Curious to see who the seller is.