• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Wolverine

50 posts in this topic

Is anyone reading them? I put #1 in my home bin and haven't gotten to it. I went to pick up 2 and 3 and 2 seems to be sold out in my area. Is it good enough to go find it online? I know there's a lot of hype over this but wonder if it's good so far.

btw, i looked for a death of wolverine thread and couldn't find one. ;)

-Rev

Great Rise of Deadpool and Great Fall of Wolverine.

Maybe it will be reserved in few years from now.

Who knows?

I had learned my lesson to not buy any books that have deaths of the superheroes since Death of Superman. They always come back.

True. When my buddy told me months ago "they're going to kill Wolverine off!" First thing I said was "They're going to bring him back to life. Why would Marvel kill off a money maker?"

I went to two other comic shops this weekend while I was out and about and they were out of issue 2 also. I just ordered it online. What's up with that?

-Rev

Great Rise of Deadpool and Great Fall of Wolverine.

Maybe it will be reserved in few years from now.

Who knows?

I had learned my lesson to not buy any books that have deaths of the superheroes since Death of Superman. They always come back.

But they are a great spec play if you buy them at 25-50% off of cover and move them out right away or even later on. Death of Robin and Death of Supes both still sell well as sets and singles for multiples of cover.

So far the first 3 issues were interesting. Myself being an old school wolverine reader from the 80s and 90s his new stories don't compare....

however i'm curious to see how these will do. they already have at least 4 or variants for each issue the gohastings variants look cool, so did the desertcomics variant.

We already know marvel isn't going to get rid of one of it top characters, so it'll be maybe sometime next year he's return.

I stated this in some other thread but it's worth repeating...

I hate "death" issues but this one was pretty good. The story is decent, the art is fantastic, and the paper quality is some of the best ever.

Highly recommended for no other reason than (wait for it)...it's a very good comic.

So far the first 3 issues were interesting. Myself being an old school wolverine reader from the 80s and 90s his new stories don't compare....

however i'm curious to see how these will do. they already have at least 4 or variants for each issue the gohastings variants look cool, so did the desertcomics variant.

We already know marvel isn't going to get rid of one of it top characters, so it'll be maybe sometime next year he's return.

It will likely be 2 years after he and Sabretooth switch bodies just like Spidey and Doc Ock in Superior......................

Wasn't there a panel in a recent X-Men book where Deadpool was talking to Storm and it went something like,

DP: "Hey, sorry about Logan."

OM: "What? What about Logan?"

DP: "Oops. Oh, nothing. Nevermind. He'll be back, anyways."

He's taking a long vacation. lol

Wasn't there a panel in a recent X-Men book where Deadpool was talking to Storm and it went something like,

DP: "Hey, sorry about Logan."

OM: "What? What about Logan?"

DP: "Oops. Oh, nothing. Nevermind. He'll be back, anyways."

He's taking a long vacation. lol

fie0-002.jpg

He's on vacation.