• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADE NOW IN | PGM - FANTASTIC FOUR Issue 67

25 posts in this topic

Looks like a 9.4. Always tough to spot creases with the white covers though. I see what might be a couple light spine creases near Ben, so personally, I'd be looking at 9.2 raw money without a trustworthy seller who's grading is good, or an in person inspection.

Ok, I stopped being lazy and looked at the back scan too. Looks like an impact on the bottom edge spine side. Now I'm thinking a really nice presenting 9.0. Again though, tough to make this call on a scan of a white book, so I could be off.

I'm being honest In my opinion it's a 8.5 or a 9.0 maybe......at best to be honest. I see the upper right corner is not good for a 9.4. Color is faded almost discolored on the white which unfortunately on this cover is prominent. Many minor spine breaks and the one by the thing in the marvel logo is not as minor. Bottom two corners aren't sharp enough for a 9.4. It's a GREAT BOOK but a a 9.4? It's not NM IMHO

I'm being honest In my opinion it's a 8.5 or a 9.0 maybe......at best to be honest. I see the upper right corner is not good for a 9.4. Color is faded almost discolored on the white which unfortunately on this cover is prominent. Many minor spine breaks and the one by the thing in the marvel logo is not as minor. Bottom two corners aren't sharp enough for a 9.4. It's a GREAT BOOK but a a 9.4? It's not NM IMHO

Just so you know, by CGC this one below was a 9.2 – and that one is better.

Where do you see discoloration?

Besides, white paper covers are very tough on this book, and the one posted is wonderfully white.

7WiTalLh.jpg

As above – and no less than a NM-, IMO.

It can be better in hand but looks like a really beautiful copy. :cloud9: Are the interiors printed well (good black ink coverage, good register, etc.)?

Thanks. The interior pages are immaculate; it really is one of the best looking books I've seen especially considering how old it is. It really does look like it is fresh of the shelves with the exception of that top left corner which isn't as bad in hand. Not sure about the observation from Jaydee that the colours are faded on the white; it has great colours and gloss.

Personally given all the comments and my observation of the book in hand, I'm finding myself leaning towards a 9.4. Will submit soon, so we'll see.

Thanks to everyone for your views and grades thus far.

As above – and no less than a NM-, IMO.

It can be better in hand but looks like a really beautiful copy. :cloud9: Are the interiors printed well (good black ink coverage, good register, etc.)?

Thanks. The interior pages are immaculate; it really is one of the best looking books I've seen especially considering how old it is. It really does look like it is fresh of the shelves with the exception of that top left corner which isn't as bad in hand. Not sure about the observation from Jaydee that the colours are faded on the white; it has great colours and gloss.

He probably sees it in the yellow plate, as the reds look poor on yellow, but it might be your scanner, and even if so at this degree such a slight discoloration should not affect the grade much.

I am happy with my VFNM copy (has good PQ too) but even if it’s slightly less well centered yours is such a standout beauty that I would love to see it in hand. I care a lot about how good the interior pages are printed, and about whiter pages. :)