• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do with my Comic collection

21 posts in this topic

Comics...

I put them away in bags with boards into long boxes and stash them away in the cool dark store room hoping to never bother them for 20 years. Yet...

I find that I can't help but take them out of the store room and open the boxes and pull random issues out to fawn over them, caress them and name them George!

Do I need help?

Or am I just a *normal* comic lover?

cloud9.gif

Artboy99

...pretty normal,...just don't spread them out all over the floor and play twister with them, ..trust me it's a bad idea.....but definitely take them out and talk to the a little,...let them know how happy they make you feel,......ohhh jeezus,..I think my Ativan is kicking in.....

you're just like the rest of us

i find it depressing that i'm sticking more and more of my stuff in a storage room (no more space in the house, especially with all my wife's [#@$%!!!], she keeps on taking over closet after closet, it's killing me) aside from what that costs me every month, i can't play with them. i keep the expensive stuff at home, but more and more of my bronze age and newer as well as silver age readers are going to the storage room.

one of these days i'll own a home with some spare bedrooms and one of them can be my hobby room and i can have all of my little friends there with me and play with them.

could it be the surge in mcmansions is really about guys' needs to have a separate room for their comics?

My wife is even building some cabinets to store my comics

How'd you manage that? 893whatthe.gif

(Please don't say "good in the sack" tongue.gif)

Now I don't have to. smirk.gif

My comics are spread out over two bedrooms so she wants to get my comics organized. She found a design she likes and is going to make some cabinets (with some help from her father) for my birthday this month.

yay.gifyay.gif

you're just like the rest of us

i find it depressing that i'm sticking more and more of my stuff in a storage room (no more space in the house, especially with all my wife's [#@$%!!!], she keeps on taking over closet after closet, it's killing me) aside from what that costs me every month, i can't play with them. i keep the expensive stuff at home, but more and more of my bronze age and newer as well as silver age readers are going to the storage room.

This is exactly why I started getting into original art. Because you can frame it, put it on the wall, and appreciate it any time. I love my comics. I don't love having to store them in stacks of boxes in a closet and risk a hernia and disk rupture every time I want to get them out and look at them! But nobody said love was easy....

PS: Chromium's storage system ROCKS thumbsup2.gif

Comics...I put them away in bags with boards into long boxes and stash them away in the cool dark store room hoping to never bother them for 20 years. Yet...I find that I can't help but take them out of the store room and open the boxes and pull random issues out to fawn over them, caress them and name them George! Do I need help? Or am I just a *normal* comic lover?

Uh, yes, most comic lovers like to read their comics. Otherwise, you wouldn't love comics (unless I'm missing something). Like you had to ask? smile.gif

Comics...

I put them away in bags with boards into long boxes and stash them away in the cool dark store room hoping to never bother them for 20 years. Yet...

I find that I can't help but take them out of the store room and open the boxes and pull random issues out to fawn over them, caress them and name them George!

If you DIDN'T do that we'd be worried. Well, actually, the "George" part is a bit disturbing but then again... grin.gif

My comics are spread out over two bedrooms so she wants to get my comics organized. She found a design she likes and is going to make some cabinets (with some help from her father) for my birthday this month.

yay.gifyay.gif

Thats a nice little design there. I could line the walls with those things, hell, put em in the living room, no one would know the difference. =)

and name them George!

Artboy99

Love the Bugs B. reference.... 893applaud-thumb.gifor is that from Grapes of wrath? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And no worries..it is good to hear you take your comics out for some "yard time".

Ze-

and name them George!

Artboy99

Love the Bugs B. reference.... 893applaud-thumb.gifor is that from Grapes of wrath? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And no worries..it is good to hear you take your comics out for some "yard time".

Ze-

Maybe he was just channeling George Foreman? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

681597-foremangrill2.jpg

681597-foremangrill2.jpg.67f74efb0f609b42a5b37d9896313ebf.jpg

and name them George!

Artboy99

I believe you're thinking of Of Mice & Men

~Brad (who worked 5 years in a bookstore)