• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is very impressive

65 posts in this topic

I remember you starting threads all the time just to attack people who collect modern comics. Another thing is these boards are full of people who love all kinds of comics, not just die hard CGC only collectors.

He's full of self-righteous indignation. Only other people attack. He's a sage adviser.

I have ants in my bathroom.

Is your refrigerator running?

Cause you've got "fine" written all over you.

This made me lol

I'm still trying to figure it out. ???

It's the second part of a pickup line.

Lay a few cinnamon sticks out, or a small trail of powder. The ants don't like the smell or something, as long as the cinnamon isn't mixed with sugar or other foods.

Nothing like stepping in a trail of cinnamon getting out of the shower.

Lay a few cinnamon sticks out, or a small trail of powder. The ants don't like the smell or something, as long as the cinnamon isn't mixed with sugar or other foods.

Shower? You obviously don't really like comics!

Is your refrigerator running?

Cause you've got "fine" written all over you.

This made me lol

I'm still trying to figure it out. ???

It's the second part of a pickup line.

Thank you. <3

Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon.

Usually, I find the source of the invasion, and RAID it, That stops the ants from coming in. I can't find the source, though. There are none in the kitchen (which shares a wall), and I don't see where they're coming in. Probably from a crack in the slab somewhere.

I don't get the whole registry thing. I've never felt the need to flout my stuff, nor do I desire spending thousands to slab books I already know are impressive.

oh I am sorry but this is " the CGC Chatboard Forum " so pretty sure that many,..MANY of the people on this site are proud of their collections and are appreciative of those who ARE impressed with their collections on display I have heard there are other comic forums which are not sponsored by CGC which would welcome a viewpoint similar to yours but this sight is primarily a sight promoting the glories of CGC graded comics and they are wonderful to behold

:facepalm:

I think the registry is stupid, and I have no problem stating that here.

The registry is one of the most brilliant business inventions around. Kudos to CGC for their creation, it's helped their business, provided a good/great way to keep track of your books, allows other collectors to see books they would otherwise not, allow trade and sales to occur, provided recognition for exceptional collections and brings awareness to series and books you may not know existed. It is anything but stupid.

+1

I don't participate in the registry, but it is a pretty impressive creation that functions in a unique way.

I can see why someone might be turned off by the concept, but it's far from being a stupid creation. It's amazingly genius. From a marketing standpoint, I'd love to meet the guy who's idea it was.

Its a brilliant marketing concept that has separated an awful lot of money from some rather foolish people. I recall a former poster who spends gazillions in order to get a plaque for the Best New X-Men set or some such title. When he liquidated his Top Registry set on Comic Connect, many of the books sold for less than the cost to slab them.

I loved it when a fellow Long Islander was spending insane money putting together the top Claw the Conqueror set and then somebody came along and beat him out.

Each is welcome to his own view. I view the Registry the same way I view people who post their every activity on Facebook. Why not just put up a large ROB THIS HOUSE sign and be done with it.

I also love it when I see two or more people desperately trying to complete a set and i happen to have a choice copy of the needed book. I'm a big believer in 'surge pricing". How about you folks?

What I don't get is the OP still thinks you have to join the Collectors Society in order to submit books.

The registry can definitely be interesting to look at, but what does that have to do with paying for a CGC membership?

it's pretty hard to complete a 100% CGC graded set without joining CGC and submitting some of the comics yourself raw , you cannot find them all on-line already graded

you don't have to pay for membership to send books to CGC

i don't have a membership and prob 95% of my 800+ books i subbed myself, hell i can point out which books i bought already graded, if that gives you an idea of how little it is

Its a brilliant marketing concept that has separated an awful lot of money from some rather foolish people. I recall a former poster who spends gazillions in order to get a plaque for the Best New X-Men set or some such title. When he liquidated his Top Registry set on Comic Connect, many of the books sold for less than the cost to slab them.

I loved it when a fellow Long Islander was spending insane money putting together the top Claw the Conqueror set and then somebody came along and beat him out.

Each is welcome to his own view. I view the Registry the same way I view people who post their every activity on Facebook. Why not just put up a large ROB THIS HOUSE sign and be done with it.

I also love it when I see two or more people desperately trying to complete a set and i happen to have a choice copy of the needed book. I'm a big believer in 'surge pricing". How about you folks?

What I don't get is the OP still thinks you have to join the Collectors Society in order to submit books.

Why don't you love the CGC???

Why don't you love the CGC???

They turned me into a newt.

But I got better.