• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Show - NYC - Jan 22 & 23

139 posts in this topic

2 more days till the show!

Try to hang out with some knowledgable board members while your at the show as they should, if nothing else, prevent you from grossly overpaying for a book. That assuming they haven't worked out a kickback with the dealer.

Good Luck and Please Post the grades of the books you submitted (you should know today or tomorrow, right)?

I joined the collector society where do I find the serial number from?
It's based on the invoice number. Usually it's one leading zero added to your invoice number and 3 numbers added at the end. So..if your invoice is 128495 (using my recent sub as an example) - The first book in the invoice will be 0128495001...second is 0128495002.

Also, if you are using your 3 coupons, you can check it online once you log onto the Collector's Society website.

news.gifThe grades are in. Avengers #1 was a 9.0 in off white, FF #12 was 9.0 in off white, FF annual #1 was 9.2 in off white to white. looks like beginer luck, i'm just thankful I didnt get any PLOD's.

That's some nice stuff! Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

you guys are adventurers... i've been hearing predictions of 14 inches of snow, sounds like nonsense to me, but it's been friggin freezing here

the cold, factored in with cash flow, family/household expenses, a monday work deadline that may require work over the weekend, the thought of waiting on line in the cold to get in, comic storage issues (no room in the house), my wife being extra anti-comic this month and my favorite dealer likely not being there and I'm probably not going...

and this'll be the show someone messes up and has a hulk 181 in a dollar bin or some newbie dealer has 7 long boxes of 30/35 cent variants at 50 cents each, I just know it

news.gifThe grades are in. Avengers #1 was a 9.0 in off white, FF #12 was 9.0 in off white, FF annual #1 was 9.2 in off white to white. looks like beginer luck, i'm just thankful I didnt get any PLOD's.

WOW - those are SUPER grades - congratulations!!!!!!!!!! hail.gif

all KEY SA books in HG - ya gotta love it - only problem with this kind of success is there's no where left to go but down.......... devil.gif

if i was back in my buying mode of the last 3 years, i'd try and scoop all 3 of those babies up - 893crossfingers-thumb.gif i love the FF annual #1....................... cloud9.gif

That is hysterical! I just got back into collecting again and my fiance is already breaking balls! makepoint.gif

Dude, are you serious?! Tell her what you paid for your books, and how much they've just become worth as a result of their stellar grades, and then tell her to get off your back!!!! 27_laughing.gif Congrats on those great grades, and I'm really glad none of them came back as a PLOD. thumbsup2.gif

So are you gonna sell them, or hold on?

I know this question has been answered before, but I am a self-admitted sloth and don't care to do a search.

How do I submit books to CGC in person at the con, and still get the 20% off that a lot of dealers offer? Do I have to print out a submission form online or something?

Red (I'm not as old or senile as Pov......yet) Hook

I know this question has been answered before, but I am a self-admitted sloth and don't care to do a search.

How do I submit books to CGC in person at the con, and still get the 20% off that a lot of dealers offer? Do I have to print out a submission form online or something?

Red (I'm not as old or senile as Pov......yet) Hook

Go to your favorite 20% off website (I use Heritage) and go through the submittal process as usual. Take the prinout and books with you to the show and submit. You save the postage/insurance one way.

thumbsup2.gif