• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big Apple Show - NYC - Jan 22 & 23

139 posts in this topic

I'm not going to sell any of my books that come back 9.0 or better, i just sent another 13 down but via standard not express.

good for you!!!!!!!! see you tomorrow, weather permitting (although i plan to take the train right into Penn Station, so i should be good whatever comes our way). thumbsup2.gif

You sound like you are so excited that I would think that you were going to a Brothel on your 16th birthday. blush.gif

"Less crowds mean better choice of girls, and I might be able to get two for one, or at least an extra five minutes". grin.gif

Just joking with you.

Have a great time.

If we get reports that the Convention was an amazing success, we'll assume you picked up some good books.

thumbsup2.gif

yeah, were i going to the show to pick up some high end material the sparse crowds would probably help... some dealer will cut a better deal simply to get enough cash in one sale to pay for his table

but seriously, if we get 12 inches of snow, will there even be a sunday?

i don't know, but doing these in january or feb in NY is a bad idea all together

who wants to be dragging a box of comics through the snow?

who want sot be fighting for a cab while carrying a box (or three of comics) in the snow?

I'm not going to sell any of my books that come back 9.0 or better, i just sent another 13 down but via standard not express.

good for you!!!!!!!! see you tomorrow, weather permitting (although i plan to take the train right into Penn Station, so i should be good whatever comes our way). thumbsup2.gif

Yes, good for you! thumbsup2.gif Nice to see people who actually want to hold on to their nice books for a change.

Although that doesn't apply to HG DCs, of course, which should be sold as quickly (and as cheaply) as possible. Right Harry? Harry?

Brian,

I'll be at the show. I'll stop by the CGC booth at 12:30 to say hi to everyone, but probably will pass on lunch. See ya,

Cool! I'll arm-wrestle you to determine the "winner" of our recent comic art debate. wink.giftongue.gif

Still planning on coming....going to try to get there by 10:30 and get all my buying and trading done. Will be driving down, so will shoot outta lunch around 2pm.....they're talking about a big 'un, and I got 90 miles of northerly driving. See you guys at the cgc booth at 12:20.

Red

Yes, good for you! thumbsup2.gif Nice to see people who actually want to hold on to their nice books for a change.

Although that doesn't apply to HG DCs, of course, which should be sold as quickly (and as cheaply) as possible. Right Harry? Harry?

i'm dropping off 30 HG DC's from 1962 - 1964 at the convention today. 7 Flash, 6 MIS, 6 JLA, 5 Green Lanterns and 6 Brave and the Bold. am hoping no more than a few will grade below 9.0. (i've checked these out pretty carefully and these are the best of those books in my collection).

will know what they are in 4 short months............. insane.gif

maybe there will even be something you will like.......... poke2.gif

Still planning on coming....going to try to get there by 10:30 and get all my buying and trading done. Will be driving down, so will shoot outta lunch around 2pm.....they're talking about a big 'un, and I got 90 miles of northerly driving. See you guys at the cgc booth at 12:20.

Red

looking at the Radar and weather forecast i'd say that the lighter early snow won't hit the city until noon - 2;00pm. things should start to "heat" up after that. i'm taking atrain back into the worst of it later this afternoon and then have to drive about 15 miles home. the Diesel connection from my hometown (which would eliminate the 15 miles of driving) doesn't run on weekends frown.gif

good luck to us all..........

Decided to drop by the Con for a bit today. Was nice to meet some new faces and see some old favorites as well. Because of the snowy conditions, the turnout was pretty poor and a lot of the guests cancelled (no Simon, Infantino or Sienkiewicz, among others). Meeting and speaking with fantasy artist Ken Kelly was worth the $10 admission price alone for me and seeing the two Playmates there didn't hurt either. smirk.gif It was cool seeing the books that Red Hook and Burntboy brought to show the group as well. Lunch at Virgil's BBQ was a treat (as always), but, then again, how can you ever go wrong with pulled pork? confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's a group shot from the lunch (L to R: Foolkiller, Burntboy, Stynxno, Red Hook, BleekerBob, Delekkerste, Dmac538, Heartened and DAM60):

697706-CGCForumLunch.jpg

697706-CGCForumLunch.jpg.18bf42b20f0a2edd06c3f742f78ce309.jpg