• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 121

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys I never really got anything graded before but interested in learning. I am going to NYCC on Sunday and was thinking of getting this book signed and graded but looking at it now not sure if it is worth it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ASM_121_Front_zps6b43dc5e.jpg

ASM_121_Back_zpse879e05e.jpg

Getting something signed should mean something to you.

On a collectible side...

Since Stan Lee signs soooooooo many things, I would assume that the signature would mean more if it is on a comic that did not garner a lot of signatures over the years.

For a personal standpoint I would do it. From a collectible, maybe.

Not going for resale with this just hoping to get something cool out of it. 121 was one of the first Keys I bought because I wanted to own the issue that changed so much. I decided to get it signed because Gerry Conway is going to be at the show signing. I figured i get get him in person then there is a CGC affiliate that will get Stan Lee and Romita and get it graded. Figured that would be a really cool piece of Spiderman. What I am wondering now is since this is one of the first I got it is not in great shape. Should I try to find a better copy at the show?

Not going for resale with this just hoping to get something cool out of it. 121 was one of the first Keys I bought because I wanted to own the issue that changed so much. I decided to get it signed because Gerry Conway is going to be at the show signing. I figured i get get him in person then there is a CGC affiliate that will get Stan Lee and Romita and get it graded. Figured that would be a really cool piece of Spiderman. What I am wondering now is since this is one of the first I got it is not in great shape. Should I try to find a better copy at the show?

That would be awesome if you could get it signed by those three. I'm a big Conway fan :grin:

Hey, if ya got the money, grab the best copy you can get. :banana: I'd still use the beater for signing, but that's me.

I would either get this one signed and keep it raw in my collection or find a nicer copy (maybe 7.0-8.0 range?) and get that one CGC graded. I guess it all depends, but that's what I would do if I had to decide.

Do you know how much I should expect to pay for a 7-8 range at the con? Already preordered sketches from Larson and Menton3 :grin: