• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Like Rachel Rising - Would I like Strangers in Paradise or Echo?

6 posts in this topic

I've been enjoying the Rachel Rising series and wondered if I should pick-up Strangers in Paradise or Echo.

I'm not a soap opera guy interesting in long winded discussions about relationships, so a little leary, but love Terry Moore's art and writing on RR.

What's it all about and should I pick it up?

John

Echo is more sci-fi/thriller and a little less 'relationship-drama' than RR, although that does play into the storyline. I've only managed to get thru a few Strangers in Paradise books and it's definitely soap-opera with a little thriller/humor mixed in, but I do like Terry's writing and art and plan to finish it at some point. SiP isn't for all comic readers, but it definitely has a lot of fans.

The thing I will say about Strangers in Paradise is that the character development is virtually unparalleled in comic-dom.... Very believable that these characters would actually exists.